Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
oopps I forgot the photo

Posted by susan926 zone 5 Illinois (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 19, 07 at 21:57

Check it out

Image link: oopps I forgot the photo (57 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: oopps I forgot the photo

How sweet. I have some around my house. Today they were eating seeds off of the chickory.

o

• Posted by pvick z6B NYC (My Page) on
    Sun, Aug 19, 07 at 22:51

AWESOME shot! They are pretty birds - this one looks like an Easter chick!

PV

o

Oh that is so cute. I have finches but they are still at my feeders because my flower seeds aren't ripe yet. I have plenty of echinacea though so I hope to see them on the flower tops in the near future. That is part of the reason I gow them. Very nice picture, thanks for the smile.
Bonny

o

such a great photo, susan - Enter THAT in a photo contest!

Carrie

o

Those goldfinches are cute. Now they're always perched on the coneflowers, verbena bonariensis, emilia, and few others.

They must be much tougher critters than they look. It's incredible how they get thru those spikes on the coneflowers to beat me to the seeds. I tried to clean one seedhead today only to find that the finches beat me to all but 3 seeds.

Karen

o

NICE picture. That guy looks like he's gotten pretty healthy off your coneflowers.

o

Carrie, I did enter it into a photo contest & yes he does look pretty healthy from my seeds! I have to race them to the seeds - ha ha

o

WOW! very nice- isn't he the cutest thing?
thanks for sharing
Linda

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here