Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vera_eastern_wa

Homeless Cat

vera_eastern_wa
17 years ago

This cat (caddy I've been calling her), a medium-long haired orange Tabby was starving and thin as a rail when she came around. She belonged to the people across from us for a very short time before she was kicked out. Apparently the lady who gave her to them said she was fixed and had her shots, ect., but I think she is pregnant! She has been hiding beneath my outside storage unit and was completely scared to death. Everyone thought she just disappeared, because she made herself so scarce. Well I finally spotted her one early morning; 4 am'ish outside watering. I opened a can of salmon, dished it up and stepped back. I fed her the rest of that can over 4 days 2x a day and then hubby bought her catfood which I gave her the regular feeding and a half to get quicker weight gain. Now she is on the regular feeding schedule. It's been a total of 30 days now and she is a healthy bright-eyed cat. We have 4 dogs, 3 that would eat her and Mojo the 6 year old baby would love to play with her but she is sooooooo skittish. She has a routine now...they go out at 6 am and she comes running in to eat, play, love, knap and go back out by noon. The dogs come in to avoid the heat and we do this all over again at 6pm and again at 9pm (she only eats at 6am and 6pm) and then she goes out for the rest of the night. We have finally found her a home with a lady with 2 indoor cats (she is aware Caddy will need a vet check and that we have no idea what shots she's had)who works nextdoor at the copy-rite to where my huband works. She leaves us tomorrow morning! I am feeling quite sad and I think Caddy has become quite comfortable and close to me. But it's for the better good because I can't have her indoors 24'7 when winter comes. At least I have her too the point where she is not so scared and is nice and plump. Yes, the name Caddy derived from "Scardy Caddy" LOL!

{{gwi:342892}}{{gwi:342894}}

Comments (6)

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler