Yvonne's Salvia

Yvonne's Salvia

And last, the ever-blooming abutilon

Abutilon

PV

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sweet Autumn .... and friends

Beautiful photos. The abutilon is spectacular.
My sweet autumn doesn't bloom until mid-September. With less rainfall this year it is shorter than usual. Hope it still blooms as love the aroma.

Thanks for sharing.
Bobbie

o

Lovely, as always! That abutilon is stunning!

o

A beauty. Fall is approaching, it seems.
Love the Caryopteris.

o

Gorgeous - what type of Abutilon is that? And how do you succeed in such wonderful blooms?

Anna

o

Oh, Beautiful!

o

• Posted by pvick z6B NYC (My Page) on
    Thu, Sep 6, 07 at 22:12

Glad you all enjoyed!

Anna - it's abutilon 'Crepe de Chine'; believe it's a dwarf variety. I really can't take too much credit for the blooms - all I do is water and feed it. This plant was WSed in 2006, and brought inside this past winter. Since it started blooming last year, it has not stopped - literally! Bloomed all winter inside and never skipped a beat when I took it back outside this spring. A bloom machine!

PV

o

WOW! just beautiful, PV
I have had a terrible time with Yvonne's salvia- we have had such hot weather this year, and practically NO rain!
I will try again next year

I tried w/s sweet autumn too, with no success-did you w/s yours? will you save me some seed? Also, somewhere I think I saw you had the Blackberry Trifle balsam (?) would love to have a few seeds of it too! thanks!

Let's do a trade :))
Linda

o

Sun, Sep 9, 07 at 21:27

You've got mail, Linda!

o

All of your plants look just wonderful, PV, it must truly be a pleasure to go out onto your balcony!

OT...I always have special thoughts of you on this particularly sad day. And I always remember how finding Winter Sowing got me through that first winter following the attacks. It helped to ease the deep sadness I was feeling. What a wonderful blessing it has been in my life. I missed it this past winter, but hopefully I can look forward to this coming winter. Send me an e-mail, and I'll catch you up on what's been going on with me.

Mary

o

pvick - you always have such healthy looking plants - I love your photos -

Carrie

o

Hi again,

I just love looking at your pictures. I went back last night and looked at your album again. I especially love looking at Gracie and your other cats. I am also a cat lover. Elvis, is my constant companion. He is a Katrina victim and they thought he was about 2 yrs old when I adopted him 18 months ago. I don't know what I would do without him now.These are a couple of my favorite pictures. I don't think there is a surface in my house where he hasn't sat or slept. I have many more pictures in my photobucket album if you would like to look at them.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Sorry I got sidtracked. I would love to have a few seeds from your sweet autumn clementis, Blackberry Trifle balsam, and Yvonne's salvia if you have any to spare. I haven't got together my list of seeds yet, I am still trying to collect some--hope to have it done soon.
Thanks
Jeane

o

Thu, Sep 27, 07 at 20:48

Jeane, you've got mail!

PV

o

Beautiful, pv.

Karen

o

LOL! Do you really have that sweet autumn on an apt balcony! That's awsome! You go girl.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here