Yvonne's Salvia

{{gwi:342906}}

And last, the ever-blooming abutilon

{{gwi:342907}}

PV

Comments (14)

• mnwsgal
    16 years ago

Beautiful photos. The abutilon is spectacular.
    My sweet autumn doesn't bloom until mid-September. With less rainfall this year it is shorter than usual. Hope it still blooms as love the aroma.

Thanks for sharing.
    Bobbie

• lindakimy
    16 years ago

Lovely, as always! That abutilon is stunning!

• pitimpinai
    16 years ago

A beauty. Fall is approaching, it seems.
    Love the Caryopteris.

• anna_in_quebec
    16 years ago

Gorgeous - what type of Abutilon is that? And how do you succeed in such wonderful blooms?

Anna

• bevhall
    16 years ago

Oh, Beautiful!

• PVick
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Glad you all enjoyed!

Anna - it's abutilon 'Crepe de Chine'; believe it's a dwarf variety. I really can't take too much credit for the blooms - all I do is water and feed it. This plant was WSed in 2006, and brought inside this past winter. Since it started blooming last year, it has not stopped - literally! Bloomed all winter inside and never skipped a beat when I took it back outside this spring. A bloom machine!

PV

• flowerchildky
    16 years ago

WOW! just beautiful, PV
    I have had a terrible time with Yvonne's salvia- we have had such hot weather this year, and practically NO rain!
    I will try again next year

I tried w/s sweet autumn too, with no success-did you w/s yours? will you save me some seed? Also, somewhere I think I saw you had the Blackberry Trifle balsam (?) would love to have a few seeds of it too! thanks!

Let's do a trade :))
    Linda

• PVick
    Original Author
    16 years ago

You've got mail, Linda!

• not_a_contessa
    16 years ago

All of your plants look just wonderful, PV, it must truly be a pleasure to go out onto your balcony!

OT...I always have special thoughts of you on this particularly sad day. And I always remember how finding Winter Sowing got me through that first winter following the attacks. It helped to ease the deep sadness I was feeling. What a wonderful blessing it has been in my life. I missed it this past winter, but hopefully I can look forward to this coming winter. Send me an e-mail, and I'll catch you up on what's been going on with me.

Mary

• carrie630
    16 years ago

pvick - you always have such healthy looking plants - I love your photos -

Carrie

• gardner-want-to-be
    16 years ago

Hi again,

I just love looking at your pictures. I went back last night and looked at your album again. I especially love looking at Gracie and your other cats. I am also a cat lover. Elvis, is my constant companion. He is a Katrina victim and they thought he was about 2 yrs old when I adopted him 18 months ago. I don't know what I would do without him now.These are a couple of my favorite pictures. I don't think there is a surface in my house where he hasn't sat or slept. I have many more pictures in my photobucket album if you would like to look at them.
    {{gwi:342908}}
    {{gwi:342909}}
    Sorry I got sidtracked. I would love to have a few seeds from your sweet autumn clementis, Blackberry Trifle balsam, and Yvonne's salvia if you have any to spare. I haven't got together my list of seeds yet, I am still trying to collect some--hope to have it done soon.
    Thanks
    Jeane

• PVick
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Jeane, you've got mail!

PV

• kqcrna
    16 years ago

Beautiful, pv.

Karen

• october17
    15 years ago

LOL! Do you really have that sweet autumn on an apt balcony! That's awsome! You go girl.

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting