Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The beginning of the end ....

Posted by pvick z6B NYC (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 22, 07 at 17:55

Summer is drawing to a close, and the garden is drawing its last breaths too ........

View - 09/21/07

Take a look at my latest garden pics here: My 2007 Garden

PV

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The beginning of the end ....

Hi,

I love looking at your pictures, they are beautiful. Where do you get your coleus seeds? I have bought some but they are mixed packages, so I don't know what they are. Most of your plants are in pots, aren't they. Do you fertilize them very much? I think I might need to do that more to my flowers, they didn't seem to be nearly as full.

Again, beautiful garden--hope someday to have that many flowers blooming at one time.

Jeane

o

• Posted by pvick z6B NYC (My Page) on
    Sun, Sep 23, 07 at 19:58

Thanks, Jeane.

ALL of my plants are in pots; the only gardening space I have is a 20'x6' terrace, 11 floors up. I fertilize usually once every 2-3 weeks or so; you have to, growing in pots.

I only grew one coleus from seed this year - from a 'Wizard' mix - a very pretty pink/green/cream color. That plant is in my office. I have grown the 'Exhibition Series' coleus before for the garden - 'Palisandra' and 'Limelight' (HUGE bedding plants) and various others - mostly the 'Carefree" or "Wizard' series. Most of my coleus seed have been bought from Parks Seeds.

The ones in my garden this year were purchased - I bought them from Rosy Dawn Garden. It's a terrific site - beautifully grown plants, good prices, and great customer service. And they always send a bonus plant with your order. I've been buying from them for several years now. They have so many beutiful coleus that you can't find seed for. About this time of year, I begin taking cuttings from the plants, to save them for next year.

Coleus really are gorgeous plants.

PV

o

Your terrace is beautiful, PV. You've done a great job of keeping it colorful, and so healthy-looking. I really should fertilize my pots more. I always have good intentions, then time gets away from me.

Carol

o

Thought I would give this a bump so Carol can enjoy a tour of your balcony gardens.
Just lovely!!!!!
Thank you for sharing!

Carrie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here