Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Blooming today ....

Posted by pvick z6B NYC (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 16, 06 at 19:25

Clematis 'Sweet Autumn', sedum 'Neon', and WSed (2004) gaillardia. That gaillardia has been blooming since late May!!!

Flowers

one a little further back:

Flowers again

Here's a WSed chile pepper; I was trying to keep it small, hoping to overwinter it inside and get a head start for next year. It is small, but full of peppers!

Chile 'Pinquito de Mono'

Not Wsed, but 'Lorraine Sunshine' is a spindly, floppy plant that is chock-full of flowers! I have great hopes for her next year ...

Heliopsis 'Lorraine Sunshine'

And just for the heck of it:

Yummy ..

LOL!

PV

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Blooming today ....

beautiful pictures PV! I love the Sweet Autumn- I w/s 2 or 3 times, with no success, so I moved on to others-
I have a w/s Neon too, that I got from Suzie (Neon Posey) when visiting her last summer in NC- I love them all!

I can't pick a favorite though- they are ALL so pretty!
thanks so much for posting
Linda

o

Nice Mushrooms!! :)

The Clematis is really nice - any scent?

o

• Posted by pvick z6B NYC (My Page) on
    Wed, Sep 20, 06 at 21:34

Linda - My favorite this year has got to be that gaillardia! It did not bloom last year, but it sure has made up for it this year!

Tiffy - the clematis has a very pleasant, fresh scent. Nice.

PV

o

Beautiful pictures, PV. I agree, I like the Gaillardia too!!

o

How nice to have so much beauty to enjoy as the summer comes to a close. That Gaillardia was worth the wait, what a great color.

o

the red flower in the center is spectacular!! i'm so new that i don't know one flower from another....is it the gaillardia???does it have a specific name???I definitely would like to plant it....i'm hoping to w/s this year...never heard of w/s before, but it sounds absolutely great...can't wait...thanks...

o

Terrific photos, but I'm not sure I see the Gaillardia...

o

• Posted by pvick z6B NYC (My Page) on
    Fri, Oct 6, 06 at 16:53

The gaillardia is the red flower -

phyl345 - I got the seeds in trade a couple of years ago, and they were labeled "red gaillardia". I think they are Gaillardia x grandiflora 'Burgundy'.

I've never grown blanket flower before, but most folks say they've not seen a gaillardia like this one before (?). But the foliage and all make me believe it is ...

The pic in the link looks exactly like my plant, except the flower color looks a bit "faded" ........

PV

Here is a link that might be useful: Burgundy gaillardia

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here