Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Not Wsed ....

Posted by pvick z6B NYC (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 1, 06 at 22:48

... but pretty nonetheless.

Hibiscus 'Cotton Candy', 2nd year for me. Has been dropping buds like mad all summer, and NOW it decides to bloom!

Another bloom opened today ...

Aster 'Purple Dome', another sophomore baby:

Michaelmas daisy 'Purple Dome'

Caladium 'Thai Beauty'. gorgeous foliage, even underneath:

Blue Sky

Now, these grocery-store bell peppers were WSed and very tasty:

Bell peppers

Hope you enjoy!

PV

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Not Wsed ....

So very pretty and health looking! The color of the asters is eye-popping! A tribute to WSing and patience.

o

Nice pictures, pvick
I wonder why that Hibiscus decided to show off a bloom now?
I'm glad it did, because even though I thought I didn't like Hibiscus, this makes me think maybe I do like some of them :-)
Thank you for sharing those with us
Linda

o

aaahhh, another group of wonderful pics! the colors are stunning- I think you must have 2 green thumbs!

I like the caladium- I haven't grown any of those for several years now- they are so pretty! Love, Love that blue sky behind them!

thanks for posting,
Linda

o

That cotton candy is really nice! Love it.

o

PV, that hibiscus blossom reminds me of camellias, it's so pretty. Isn't it nice to have a special treat this time of year?

The asters are a fall favorite of mine, they grow wild here and add a ton of color, mixed with goldenrod.

Your caladium would be a perfect color to pair with my rose canna, for a truly tropical look.

Nice peppers!

Mary

o

How do you do it, PV? Tropical and lush! Your Caladium photo is really cool, too~

o

• Posted by pvick z6B NYC (My Page) on
    Fri, Oct 6, 06 at 16:43

LOL! It all looks MUCH better in pictures .......

PV

o

I just LOVE tropical Hibiscus! Great looking Aster, Caladium & Peppers too!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here