Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My favorite picture from May 2006 ....

Posted by carrie630 z7bNC (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 17, 06 at 8:36

I've decided this is one of my favorite pictures - I love Salvias and this picture shows them off - Carrie

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My favorite picture from May 2006 ....

Hi Carrie,
ooohhh, I think this is one of my favs too! I love salvia too- and tell me again, what is the tall spiky plant to the right with the purple 'top knots'? :)) Verbena something?

What I am most 'green' about is the large area of lawn behind these, and then trees and another garden- oh, so pretty!

Did you get your hands on any of Yvonne's Salvia? I am so pleased to have some and am looking forward to growing it this season.

thanks for posting,
Linda in Louisville

o

linda- Hi! That's verbena bonariensis. I didn't get those salvias that everyone is talking about (Yvonne?), but actually someone did give me some Coral Nymph and I am going to try them this year. - Salvias are pretty easy so I hope I have good luck with a new type. Carrie

o

Really beautiful, Carrie.

Karen

o

Carrie, Coral Nymph is a really lovely annual salvia. It reseeds itself so once in your garden you should not have to winter sow it again. Adele

o

How pretty! I always love looking at your garden shots :D

I too recieved some of the Yvonne's Salvia and can't wait to try it!

Vera

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here