Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Spotted neew seeds up at local walmart already.

Posted by paulan70 5 (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 9, 12 at 7:58

This is great this is the earliest I have seen any store put out any seeds. My local walmart in Crawfordsville Indiana now has out seeds and a bit of seed starting stuff like the jiffy pots.And some of the "seed starting special dirt". They only had out the ferry morse seeds for now. But I am sure there will be more to follow.

Paula

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Spotted neew seeds up at local walmart already.

I saw seed starting trays last week in East Meadow, but no seeds yet.

T

o

Lots of new seeds out at A. W. Brown near me--I got white Cupid's dart, lavender vera, cut & come again zinnias. They've got Botanical Interests & Livingston Seeds. I didn't see any Burpee Seeds. They have a really large seed starting tray & peat pot selection. They also sell the starter pots made from cow manure plus lots of other doodads to tempt us seedaholics.

o

Just the week before Christmas the Lowe's close to me was setting up their seed display! Our Walmart has their seeds out too.
The Lowe's about 3 miles away didn't have any seeds at all.

But one thing I did notice: they had lots of the same things.. but not a huge selection. It was all very basic.

I used to spend lots of time trying to decide what to buy. But this year it didn't take me long to pick out only about 4 pks (all annuals).
Either I already had the seeds or knew I didn't want those particular plants.

o

No seeds at my local Walmart yet and had to go out into the outdoor garden area and dig thru a bunch of tarped-over piles to find some potting soil. I read this post this morning and hoped to see seeds when I got there - guess I'll have to be content with everything that showed up in the mail this week.

o

I hope they start putting out seed here. Like I need more seeds!?

o

The Menards in Effingham, IL had a few seeds out this last weekend. They also had seeds starting mix, and trays. They didnt have a very big selection on seeds though.

~Stephanie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here