Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beatrice_outdoors

I did 'flap' labels this year

beatrice_outdoors
12 years ago

In previous years I have written the name on duct tape on the bottom of my containers, so they do not fade from the sun. I like the sharpie/duct tape labeling method (some day I'll try a paint pen), but I am still recovering from two back surgeries last year, and you can't believe how much effort it takes your lumbar spine to lift even a light weight container over your head to read the bottom.

So this year I did my labels as flaps-I folded a portion of the tape back over itself, stuck it to the bottom of the container with the "flap" sticking out, and labeled both the top and bottom of the flap. If the top portion fades, all I need to do is lift the flap that has been face down, out of the sun and not fading, to read the label. No more overhead lifting.

If I do eventually try paint pens so I can read from the top (and next year I most likely will ask for a few in my stocking), I will probably need to use something other than black, because my covers are almost always clear, and black pen against black soil is not so easy to read.

I just figured I'd share, in case it helps anyone else with an aching back.

Beatrice

Sponsored