Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
59 days, 9 hours and counting down...

Posted by gardenweed_z6a 5b/6a N CT (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 20, 11 at 9:30

...according to Google. My calendar shows March 20 is the first day of spring but the website where I found the days/hours said it's Monday, March 21. Whichever it is, we're under 60 days!!!

With luck I will have WS sprouts before then--probably lupine.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 59 days, 9 hours and counting down...

Oh no! I better get sowing!!

o

• Posted by pvick z6B NYC (My Page) on
    Thu, Jan 20, 11 at 12:49

OMG! I haven't sown one seed yet! Maybe I can do without a garden this year (not!)?

PV

o

I can't wait till spring!!!

Hopefully I will have a job by then, crossing my fingers, and I will have plenty of plants to keep me busy on the weekends!! That is if I get weekends off, heck I was so desperate for a job I told them I would work any shift and any hours, LOL. I have a feeling I may be on thirds, oh well we gotta do what we gotta do!!

Cross your fingers everyone that I get the job, that means I may be able to move, eventually!!

o

all fingers crossed, toes too LOL. what kind of job are you looking for? it sucks that we all can't make a living gardening, but then maybe it wouldn't be as much fun

o

Keeping my fingers & toes crossed for ya too CC!

WOOT HOO!!! Winter really is going fast for me! WS'ing sure does help make time fly by!

o

Good luck to you Carolyn. I hope you get the job. We are in the same boat. Starting this spring I will be job hunting as well. I need something to keep my mind off all the gardening I have been doing.

And thank you so much for the seeds. I've wintersowed lots of them. So much for just wintersowing only 10 milk container. You're such an enabler.

o

o

OMG I feel so behind now. Haven't planted one thing yet. By this time last year I had a # of containers out. But there's still lots of time. I'm looking at mid February this year for just about everything.

o

Thank you all kindly!! It is factory work, I haven't worked in a factory for several years, but it is the only thing that pays decent that is actually even accepting applications.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here