Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bakemom_gw

Deadline for Newbie Seed Project

16 years ago

I'm going to wind this thing down in the next few weeks. So, I'm going to establish February 14, 2008 as the last date to donate seeds to the project. I plan to stop sending out packs March 1.

If seeds are coming, let me know. We're at 3,500 packs for the 2007 seed harvest season that have been sent all around the country. I've been keeping a spreadsheet for fun and will have totals, states and zones identified if my hard drive doesn't crash.

Thanks to all who have participated in the project. I am sure we will top 4,000 packs by the time this is over.

Newbies, unblock your emails and post on the exchange threads.

Comments (13)

• 16 years ago

I didn'y know that so many folks were a part of this and oh my!!! what a wonderful surprise to come home to after a day at work. My SASE not with just the expected packet or 2 but stuffed full of seeds to grow. I can't wait to look up the mystery flowers and to get a start on spring.
    To all who donte Thank you so very much for the gift of seeds galore.
    And thanks Bakemom, for opening my eyes that so many take the time and effort to make this happen.
    LET THE SPROUTONG BEGIN!

• 16 years ago

We're approaching nearly 150 participants who packed, donated and received 3,500 packs of individual seeds. I can't wait to finish up and delight you all with the final report.

It's a feel good feel good.

Two more donor packs arrived today giving us more variety to work with. One was a whopping huge bag of Jack Be Little pumpkin seeds from our Bonnie/highalttransplant.

How fun is that? I think these are the seeds from veggies grown from last year's newbie project. The cycle continues...

• 16 years ago

I sent my SASBE A couple days ago, and its going to be a
    happy feeling to recieve seeds. I am sure you will
    have a "Happy Valentines Day". Hope you get to planting then :)) !! You need a gold crown plus a grand champion ribbon for all that good work. I think I got my email unblocked , at least I hope so. Thank you very much for the wonderful things you do . Caroline

• 16 years ago

I sent my SASBE A couple days ago, and its going to be a
    happy feeling to recieve seeds. I am sure you will
    Have a "Happy Valentines Day". Hope you get to planting then !! You need a gold crown plus a grand champion ribbon for all that good work. I think I got my email unblocked , at least I hope so. Thank you very much for the wonderful things you do .

• 16 years ago

Passing on success thanks to Trudi, the donors and all MY winter sowing coaches is all I need. Caroline, your pack is ready to go and I'm thinking with the holidays I will get your envelope on Tuesday. Your pack will go out that night. You will love it.

• 16 years ago

Please tell me what to do to take part in this wonderful project!! I'm clueless but don't want to miss the deadline. Is there a place to go to get the "rules" and find out more?

Thanks,
    Cassie

• 16 years ago

Thanks bakemom, I am so excited. I will let you know when it arrives. I have never done any thing like this. I been saving my jusgs and bottles !!!

• 16 years ago

I would like to get an address so I can mail my sasbe. Thank you.oemech4@aol.com

• 16 years ago

Cassie, your email is blocked. In the meantime, go over to the winter sowing exchange and post with an unblocked email link. This can be cured on your member page.

• 16 years ago

I am a New to the Garden Web. I am interested in getting the
    "Newbie Seed Project" to get seeds. How to do that.
    Thanks. Bagya

• 16 years ago

The project is suspended for now until all the SASBEs are in and shipped and I can determine precisely how many packs I have left. Then I am shutting down for the season. Keep an eye on my posts as I will let everyone know when we're starting up again, briefly.

• 16 years ago

Hi, I sent request direct to your e-mail cuz I didn't know how to post here. Total newbie, but have a garbage sack of milk jugs, fruit juice jugs, etc. ready to go to give it a shot. Thank you for all the tips.

• 16 years ago

Everyone who has received my addy will get packs. Everyone who has emailed has been replied to. I am suspending the project until we are totally caught up and I can evaluate what is left to distribute. I will re-post after 2/14. Until then, hold on and keep your eyes peeled.

Also, there are all kinds of SASBE and SASE offers out there, so go for it.

Sponsored
Rodriguez Construction Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading Home Builders in Franklin County, OH