Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
albertar

Just coming by to say Hello

albertar
12 years ago

Hey all you WS'rs out there, its been some time since I have posted on here, but since I started learing from Trudi 11 years back, I just wanted to pop in and say Hi from time to time.

I haven't started yet, just pure laziness on my part, but will be doing quite a few this year. After 11 years it seems my poppies have some what fizzled out and its time to WS more.

A big hello to all.

Alberta

Comments (16)

• ldsluder
    12 years ago

Hello Alberta!!

This is my 2nd year, and I am truly addicted with 111 containers already on deck, and many many more to go (just hoping the weather will cool off and cooperate)

~Lisa/NC

• gardenweed_z6a
    12 years ago

Hi Alberta!! Good to hear from you again. This is my 3rd year to winter sow and my 96 containers are lined up on the breezeway like soldiers. I created a spreadsheet listing all my seed types and marked the ones that need cold stratification. Most of those are done. I'll wait a bit for the weather to decide what it's going to do before I start on the rest.

• kqcrna
    12 years ago

Hi Alberta! Good to see you.

I haven't started wintersowing yet, either. Maybe today. But I do have to watch football too. I'm counting on seeing the Steelers win :-)

Karen

• PVick
    12 years ago

Hey Alberta! Nice to see you around again.

I haven't started yet, probably won't for a while. Just doing annuals this year (I think).

Go Steelers! (go Hines Ward!)

PV

• bakemom_gw
    12 years ago

Hey baby! Recognized your handwriting!

• ladyrose65
    12 years ago

Hello Alberta, I am a newbie from last year. I am really enjoying this Winter Sowing. I hope you stay posted.

• donn_
    12 years ago

Hi Alberta! How about this balmy Long Island winter (knocking wood here)?

• northforker
    12 years ago

Helllllo Alberta! Nice to "see" you! It's been too long....
    Happy New Year to you! I know what you mean about poppys needing to be rejuvinated every couple of years with some fresh plants. I'm also going to be wsing more of them this year than last.

Alberta was a mentor for me when I first starter WSing, gave me my very first containers (some of those salad/spinach boxes are still going strong!!!)

Nancy

• not_a_contessa
    12 years ago

Hi Alberta, great to know you're still here, I hope you have better Lawn Guys this time around LOL. I remember when you wrote that they destroyed your poppies...not a good thing. I hope to do a verrrry limited amount of WSing this year, I can only handle planting in tubs now, but I can't seem to stop wanting to get my hands into the dirt! Do we ever out-grow this addiction?

Mary

• albertar
    Original Author
    12 years ago

No, we never out grow this addiction, LOL. @Donn and Nancy...this weather is crazy, LOL. Its one of the reasons I haven't even started WS yet. @Karen...I had to watch the Giants the other day, now lets see what happens with them in Greenbay, LOL. @Bakemom...waving to you from LI.

• beatrice_outdoors
    12 years ago

Hi Alberta!!! I came back to the forum a couple of weeks ago, too. This is my fourth year WSing. Some names are more familiar to me, some not so much, but I love meeting new people across the ethernet! I wish you much success and continued fun in your WSing. :)

Beatrice

• trudi_d
    12 years ago

OMG, has it been eleven years!?!?!? I've seen your FB photo, we haven't aged a bit since then!

Trudi

• kqcrna
    12 years ago

Seems like yesterday I was the new kid on the block... 2004?....how did that happen?

Alberta has been a mentor here forever.

Karen

• mnwsgal
    12 years ago

Hi, back at ya. I will be ws poppies this year again also as cleaned out my old bed last spring resulting in no self sown poppies from the year before and direct sowing never works for me.

• PVick
    12 years ago

@Karen - you've been around since 2004? Doesn 't seem like I remember you that long .... time does fly!

2001 was my first year.

@Mary - oh, a sight for sore eyes. Haven't seen you in quite some time ... good to see you!

PV

• albertar
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Yes, for me its been 11 years, where has time gone to? Yes Trudi we still look good, LOL, my photo on f/b was taken last year with hubby, son, daughter in law, and dl's mom and her boyfriend while we were on a cruise. I went blonde for a year (and yes its true blondes do have more fun, LOL) we had a great time on that cruise too!!

I love watching the newbies that come here yearly, and can't believe that WS works, and once they realize how simple it is, and then they stay around and help the others, like all of us did.

Sponsored
Capri Home Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars33 Reviews
Reputable Home Renovation Company Serving Northern Virginia