Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ghoghunter

My new fav place to order wildflowers

ghoghunter
14 years ago

I've found a great new place to order wildflowers and native seeds. The name is Everwilde Farms. I've ordered twice now and gotten my seeds in about a week. Seed packets are really generous and I am really pleased. Has anyone else gotten seeds from them? Was your experience like mine? I can't even remember where I found them.

Joann

Here is a link that might be useful: Everwilde Farms

Comments (20)

• caryltoo Z7/SE PA
    14 years ago

Looks like a great site. The descriptions and instructions are very detailed, too, which I need.

ghoghunter: where in SE PA are you? I'm near West Grove.

Caryl

• sandysgardens
    14 years ago

Well, I was doing great on holding back on ordering seeds, but after peaking at Everwilde Farms website, I'm breaking down and going to order and it's getting to be a rather large order of packets! Oh well, gotta treat yourself sometimes!

Sandy

• highalttransplant
    14 years ago

I love the way they have the wildflowers organized into different sections of the country, so you can easily find the ones that will do well in your area. They have some things listed that I wasn't familiar with. Nice selection!

Bonnie

• ghoghunter
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Yes I was amazed at the big selection too. I can't wait to see what the new stuff will be that is coming at the end of January.
    Joann

• topie
    14 years ago

Wow, thanks for sharing this seed source! They have a great selection of U.S. natives...and I like that the non-U.S. natives are labeled "Not U.S. Native" if you click on the link to the specific page for each flower. I've been looking around for certain seeds for quite a while now and it's great to see Everwilde Farms has some of them in stock.
    Sounds like they are speedy with orders too!

• Pamchesbay
    14 years ago

ghoghunter - What an incredible site! The selections are diverse, many unusual and hard to find plants, the info about each plant and how to sow is clear. I found seeds for several plants that I'd looked for - Virginia Bluebell, Great Blue Lobelia and Solidago ohioensis (Ohio Goldenrod), 2000 seeds for $2.50!

Niche Gardens describes the Ohio Goldenrod as: "... the largest and showiest blooms of any Goldenrod. It is distinguished by its compact 3-4' form; wide, lush green foliage; and flat-topped clusters of vivid yellow flowers." 1 plant in quart container: $8.

• girlgroupgirl
    14 years ago

I also ordered from Everwild this year for the very first time. I was quite pleased with the amount of seed in each package, the packaging with photos of the plants and the speed and customer service. Excellent!

• Sweet Sakura
    14 years ago

Based on your recommendations, I placed my first seed order of the year, with EverWilde. Prices looked ok, and the shipping was very reasonable. There were a few items listed that I wanted (and hadn't found elsewhere) that were marked "out of stock" or "sold out". Overall, I was happy to find some things I hadn't found other places, and I'm excited to get my order. I hope it really is prompt delivery, since some of the seeds I ordered need cold stratification.

~CA

• evonnestoryteller
    14 years ago

I was trying to not add to my trunk full of seeds, but I have to get some of those ramp seeds! I have been wanting to grow those for the longest time. Of course, one has to order more seeds and I got a nice mix going. It is my first order of the year too. FUN IS!

• sandysgardens
    14 years ago

Well I placed my first order of the season and it was with Everwilde Farms last night. However, I did hold back though and only ordered 15 seed varieties. They too, are basically the ones that need cold stratification and I plan to winter sow them as soon as they arrive. Will also be able to share some of them with others in the seed swap I'm currently hosting/in. Then when Everwilde's updates the site at the end of the month, I'll check the new arrivals out and do a final order (have 6 things already bookmarked for that order). Can't go wrong with $2 or $3 shipping.

Sandy

• Sweet Sakura
    14 years ago

I placed my perennial order on Sunday, and on Monday they opened up their veggie selection. What poor timing on my part! Guess I'll have to place another order...

~CA

• Mary Leek
    14 years ago

~CA,

Just drop them an email and explain you'd like to add to your existing order. Provide your order # and if they've not yet shipped it, I'd think they'd be happy to help.

here's the contact email address they provide: john@easywildflowers.com

Mary

• terrene
    14 years ago

I just placed my first order of the season with this company too! Thanks for the link.

I grow a lot of native plants for wildlife, but also grow some non-natives (as long as they aren't invasive). Everwilde had a nice selection of native seeds, as well as the Alyssum, Larkspur, and tropical Milkweed I was looking for. :)

Another good source of native seeds is Prairie Moon nursery.

• Sweet Sakura
    14 years ago

Mary,

Thanks for the suggestion. After looking at the veggie selection, there isn't really anything else I feel I have to have right now (I received so many great edibles in trades this year), so I probably won't contact them.

Oh, and I forgot to include the promo code in my last post. If you haven't seen it: use FEBVEG15 to get 15% off your veggie seed order.

~CA

• neverenoughflowers
    14 years ago

caryltoo, I saw your post up above, I'm in Downingtown. We're practically neighbors. I just completed the Master Gardeners Program with Penn State extension in West Chester and now I'm starting to get my volunteer hours in. Maybe I'll see you out there. Carol

• sandysgardens
    14 years ago

Well as I stated above I ordered seeds from Everwilde Farms on Sunday night. I submitted the order around 9:30pm on Sunday and my seeds arrived (around noon) in my mailbox on Tuesday. I can't believe how fast they came, less than 48 hours from order to delivery.

• caryltoo Z7/SE PA
    14 years ago

Hi Carol, very familiar with downingtown since our first house was in Coatesville. What does a master gardener do? And is the volunteering part of that? -- Caryl

• Sweet Sakura
    14 years ago

The order I placed on Sunday arrived today! Good thing, too. 6 of the 10 varieties I ordered need cold time - one up to three months. I'd best get busy wsing.

One thing I noticed - 2 of my packs had 2009 stickers covered up by 2010 ones. Did they use the wrong label at first, or did I get old seeds? Time will tell, I suppose.

~CA

• jaynine
    14 years ago

One of the items I ordered is banned in CT, so I called them & spoke with Steve. He was very nice & was happy to exchange my seeds. I'm not sure if it was there at the time of my order, but that item now carries a 'cannot ship to....' note at the bottom of the description.
    I posted a positive review for them on the 'Rate & Review Vendors' page.

Sponsored