Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bakemom_gw

Newbie Seed Project - just flowers now

bakemom_gw
10 years ago

Donations are in and everything is packaged up ready to go. Send 5 stamps and a mailing label and I will return
20+ packs of flower seeds
These seeds are free and the results of pure benevolence of seasoned gardeners.

Please post here so I can keep count. The posts go to my email. I will reply with my addy, so make sure you can receive emails. if you haven't heard from me, you don't have an email link so i can reply to you.
Have fun!

Comments (24)

• steff442
    10 years ago

Welp, I guess I am not too terribly late for this, so...

I too, had to move, and starting all over. I did some WS for my very first time in 2011 with great success, and I had to leave them behind...I miss my 'babies'.

The seeds I have left are from 2010-2011, and the budget for new seeds is pretty tight. I would love some flowers to replicate the cottage garden I had at my old place, which I dearly miss. :(

• vermontgirl
    10 years ago

Hi, I am brand new here. I just send you a self-addressed envelope with 5 stamps for packets of seeds?

I am gearing up to winter sow for the first time this year. Last year was the first year I really started gardening flowers and I'm looking forward to all the spring blooms I'll (hopefully) get!!

• Countrygirlatheart1
    10 years ago

Sorry I missed this and posted on the other post. Please let me know if you have any flower seeds left, as I have moved as well and don't have anything except a couple of rose bushes. Thanks for your donations!

• messyrosegarden
    10 years ago

My apologies, I also responded to the other earlier post. If you have flower seeds left, please let me know. I'd love to be on your list.

• bakemom_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

keep posts coming. if you have not heard from me by now, you don't have an email link to your account. I answer posts every few hours.

There are plenty of flower packs left.

• docmom_gw
    10 years ago

How are your seed supplies holding up? Send out a call for more, if you start to run low. I'm saving what I have to donate to local gardens, but don't truly care who uses them.

Martha

• cosmicnursery
    10 years ago

This is such a great project. Thanks very much. I'll send you a sasbe this weekend!
    Zone 6a St Louis, MO
    Sorry I posted on the old thread too.
    I really love beautiful and bright flowers and this is my first time.
    Thanks so much for your help!
    Dan

• arylkin
    10 years ago

I thought I posted here but apparently I didn't! I am very interested in any seeds that may be offered, particularly flowers. I am new to winter sowing (this will be my first year), but I'm very excited! :)

• bakemom_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

If you have not heard from me, you don't have an email link. Everyone gets a 12 hour turaround or much less on emails and less than 24 turnaround on seeds.

Fix your membership and post again.

• jensyen ( z7 MD )
    10 years ago

Bump

• SunshineGirl2014
    10 years ago

I would love to have some flower seeds! I just joined Garden Web so hopefully you can see my email address. Thank you!

• afishlady
    10 years ago

I had some success with vegetables from seed last year, but this year I'd really like to be able to reliably grow flowers too instead of buying them potted. I guess I'm not a true newbie, but someone who finally has gotten really serious about seed starting. I'd love some seeds if you have some left. Thanks!

• Jodyb
    10 years ago

I would like some flower seeds please.
    Jody

• Jodyb
    10 years ago

I fixed my profile so you should be able to email me now. Sorry. Thanks in advance.

• messyrosegarden
    10 years ago

Bakemom, You're the BEST! Many thanks to you and to those who donated seeds for your project. I received your package in yesterday's mail and was absolutely astonished by the number of packets that were sent and by the care that was taken in wrapping and labeling each and every one. This shows such a love of gardening and of your fellow gardeners. Incredible!!!

• vermontgirl
    10 years ago

I received my seeds and, WOW- so many! Thank you very much- they are packaged well and I love the additional quote on every packet. Can't wait to start googling every kind to learn more. Thank you!

• bakemom_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

lotsa prople with no email link. I can't contact you. fix itand post again.

• jensyen ( z7 MD )
    10 years ago

Bump

• steff442
    10 years ago

I am amazed at how many types of seed I received as well. I even got some blue flowers out of the deal!

Thanks so much, Bakemom...and all who donated. Although I am bitter about starting all over, I am excited about the fresh start!

• bakemom_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Keep em coming. If you haven't heard from me, you need to provide an email so I can contact you.

• HMT4ever
    10 years ago

Hi Bakemom,

I just joined Garden Web and would love some seeds! Thank you so much! Elizabeth

• gahsgarden
    10 years ago

My Grand daughters and I would love any extra seeds you have to share! We are in Columbus Ohio. Thanks so much for your time and effort, this is an amazing project!

• HMT4ever
    10 years ago

Thanks to all the people who so generously shared seeds for this project, and to bakemom for organizing. I feel like it's Christmas morning as I'm opening and dreaming about all my little seed packets that just arrived! So grateful. :0)
    Elizabeth

• kimbahladd
    10 years ago

I moved to my new place in June, and finally have lots of space to grow flowers galore and have a garden full of veggies. Only problem is....I dont think I have a green thumb...I have a tuff time keeping house plants alive. I am here on this site to learn as much as possible. My husband just bought me a portable type greenhouse...but I have no clue how it even works. Yikes. Also...I am interested in recieving these seeds you mentioned. Thank you. Kim

Sponsored
Outdoor Spaces
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Experienced Full Service Landscape Design Firm Serving Loudoun County