Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dieg01991

Winter Sowing Free Seed Giveaway

dieg01991
12 years ago

Hello fellow winter sowers! I love winter sowing and I wanted a fun way to spread to word and get people excited about it. I wanted to all to know that I am having a fun contest on my blog to generate excitement and interest in winter sowing. I am going to be giving away free seeds several times over the next few months. (It'll be a mix of commercial seeds and seeds I've collected from my garden.) Check it out if you're interested!

By the way, are there any other bloggers out there? If so, please share your link so I can check out your blog too!

Here's a link to my blog and winter sowing seed giveaway contest... Winter Sowing Free Seed Giveaway

Amy

Comments (6)

• beatrice_outdoors
    12 years ago

If you are trying to spread the word and get people excited about it then it would be fabulous if you linked both Trudi's site and this forum on your site! I find these two online sources to be the definitive winter sowing information base, and I can get free seeds here without liking or pinning or tweeting. ;)

Good luck with your blog! I wish you much success with the contest.

• dieg01991
    Original Author
    12 years ago

@prvrbs31gal - I love your blog! I am following you now (and on Pinterest too - isn't it addicting!?!) I can't wait to follow along with your winter sowing progress. By the way, I'm jealous that you were able to overwinter a pepper plant indoors. I tried that a few years ago, and the leaves were covered with aphids in a matter of days!

@beatrice_ourdoors - Thanks for visiting my blog! I have a resources page where I have links to all my favorite resources, including wintersown.org and the GardenWeb (My Resources Page). I write a lot about winter sowing and don't put these reference in every post. I just updated it to include a link to this forum, I didn't have that before - thanks for the suggestion on adding that.

One quick clarification (sorry this was confusing in my blog post)... you don't have to like, pin, tweet or even follow my blog to enter the contest. Those are just options for bonus points. The main reasons I do this giveaway is to motivate people to write about winter sowing on their own blog (and share the link for others to follow), and to get them excited to share their container counts in multiple places.

Thanks for the good luck! I hope you have a wonderful winter sowing season!
    Amy

• ricjo22
    12 years ago

dieg01991 spray your pepper with diluted dish soap before you bring it in in the fall and be prepared to do it again a few times thru the winter in the shower or outside on a warm day . The stronger the soap the better it works but the more likley to get leaf burn unless you wash it off.I use just a few drops per quart for spider mites and it doesnt need to be washed off at all.different peppers are more sensitive to the soap. test spray one branch in the fall

• dieg01991
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks ricjo22!

• dieg01991
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hi again everyone,
    Just wanted to let you know that I just did the drawing for the first round of seeds, and I have another round going on right now. Sign up at any time, I'll be giving away seeds throughout my winter sowing season.

You just have to share your container counts (in the comments on my blog) as you sow them, and you're entered in the contest. If you have a blog, you can share a link to your post(s) about winter sowing (share the link in the comments on my blog), and you're entered to win that way too.

See the link attached in the first post above for more ways to sign up to win the free seeds.

Amy

Here is a link that might be useful: Here's what I've been winter sowing