Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
michael1846

where to place containers

michael1846
9 years ago

So I don't know where to put my ws containers. Do they like sun or shade? Will full sun fry them or speed up germination to quick? I am only WS perennials...I don't do annuals. For now they are in a not 2 shady place but not full sun.

Comments (5)

• docmom_gw
    9 years ago

I usually keep my containers in the sun until they have sprouted and then decide what to do with them depending on weather and the type of plant. I remove the tops of the containers ASAP to avoid frying in the sun, and throw a sheet over the whole mess if frost threatens and I have tender sprouts.

Martha

• ladyrose65
    9 years ago

I agree with Martha, in the sun and where your neighbor's won't complain.

• michael1846
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Alright :) I just didn't wanna fry them :p (don't care about what the people beside me say they are plant people on one side and know I'm odd on the other) thanks :-)

• beesneeds
    9 years ago

I have mine on the sunny south side of my house. I have three of those little pop up greenhouses side by side up against my porch railing. I tie the greenhouses to the railing to make sure they don't get blown over or anything.
    Right now I only have 8 kitty litter jugs on the top rack, but soon that will be filled with 16 more jugs.. then two shelves down I will be filling with milk jugs.

• caryltoo Z7/SE PA
    9 years ago

Beesneeds, why do you have them in greenhouses?

Sponsored
Industry Leading Landscape Contractors in Franklin County, OH