Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sproutage....now what?!

Posted by KavaDulce 6 (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 27, 12 at 15:59

This is my first year wintersowing...and of course I decided to try it during a warm winter, ha. I have some bachelor buttons sprouting already, so I'm wondering if I should leave them be, or take precautions if it suddenly decides to get real cold? I do have a covered hoophouse I could pop them under, if need be. If so, what temps should be the minimum any sproutlings could handle? I'll admit, those little guys have me excited. I'm trying not to get too attached in case they're doomed... :-/

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sproutage....now what?!

bachelor buttons are hardy annuals---they should be fine.

o

I agree. If they weren't ready to sprout, they wouldn't. They'll take it slow if weather cools down again. In fact, Bachelor Buttons are invasive in many regions, so you can't kill them even if you try.

Martha

o

Thanks Duane and Martha! I'm relatively new to gardening, so I'm still learning a lot. Our lot is under a high canopy, so we don't get good sun in our windows. I was so upset to have 80% of my seedlings dampen off last year. I can't even explain how excited I was to find this method. Now sun, space,....or even my toddlers will dampen my gardening efforts, haha. I just need to relax a bit and trust Mother Nature to do her thing. :-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here