Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
are you having a blizzard?

Posted by ellenrr 7a (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 21, 14 at 16:41

I am. :(
however, I picked up 2 great containers today. at the supermarket bakery. they are round, diameter about 10-11 inches. No lids, but otherwise good.
snowing since this morning, will continue till tomorrow, yikes 24 hours of snow. not happy.
spring countdown: 57 days, 2 hours, 19 minutes--
hey, less than 2 months!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: are you having a blizzard?

Yes Ellenrr, we are having a blizzard. Its really cold. But I got some WSing done.

o

Yes... What a winter! Haven't experienced ice dams on the roof and a house snapping from th cold in years. Brings you back to your younger days.

Took the day off and am going to clean house while keeping the woodstove hot. I'll be cleaning my seed stash and organizing it so I can start sowing Feb. 14th. :O)

o

We got about a foot of snow. Glad we invested in a snowblower a few years ago since our driveway is steep and fairly long. Never used to get up it in the snow and now we can.

Haven't started wintersowing yet. The only bag of soil I have is in the trunk of my car in the garage and there's not much room to maneuver yet. Waiting for a clear day so I can move the car out and put the soil in a bin, etc.

o

Yes, we are having one every couple of days and have over a foot of snow accumulation. We are shoveling every day because we don't want ice build up.

My milk jugs are totally covered and that is a good thing.

o

Yep. This is like the winters I remembered from my childhood. It snowed in November and we haven't seen the ground since. Ice is everywhere and the piles of snow take up half of the parking lots. My jugs are also covered with snow and deeply asleep. Can't wait for spring and sunshine.

Martha

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here