Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aklinda

Can't believe how slow Parks is shipping

aklinda
12 years ago

It's been two weeks since I placed an order online with Parks and they haven't even charged my card yet, which means nothing has shipped. I ordered seeds from Dianes, Cheapseeds, Pinetree and Swallowtail and all of the seeds arrived within a week. I sent an email today with my order number hoping for some information from them. Thankfully a good part of my order is tomato seeds which I don't plan to sow until later in the year but some of the order are perennials I want to start now. Keeping my fingers crossed......

Comments (17)

• aklinda
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Here's the response that I got from Parks today. They did respond quickly but sounds like I'll be waiting a while.
    Thanks so much for contacting us! Your concern is important, and we're glad you took the time to write.

Please accept our apology for the delay in shipping your completed order. Due to unusually high demand for seeds and seed starting equipment this year, we have had to replenish our stock of many items and such delays have resulting a number of items being placed on backorder status. We hope to be able to complete your order within the next couple of weeks. We appreciate your patience and understanding during these difficult times

It's probably the fault of all of us winter sowers - LOL!

• ellenrr
    12 years ago

Two years ago Parks short-counted my seed packets, by a LOT.

And it took an enormous amount of work to get that resolved.

Then, I understand, they had a bankruptcy re-management.
    Personally I wouldn't order from them. I hope they have improved their service, altho it doesn't look like it.

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    12 years ago

I have ordered from Parks several times. I ordered this year about three weeks ago, it took two weeks to get the seeds.

I agree with Ellen about them always shorting packets but I called this year and they are replacing twopackets that were short. I guess from what your saying, I won't be seeing them for a while!

Lisa

• ladyrose65
    12 years ago

I got my order in. It took about 2-weeks. I'm always down for a new plant. I'd rather wait.

• donn_
    12 years ago

They're too busy sending out spam emails. I haven't ordered from them in over 5 years, but I get at least a half-dozen spams a week from them.

• ohiopeppers
    12 years ago

Linda,

Any progress on your Park order yet? I ordered on January 14th and my order has still not even been processed.

I received the same form email that you did when I inquired about my order last year and the year before. I believe it took 5 weeks to receive my order last year. Completely unacceptable. I can't believe I was foolish enough to give them another chance, but I thought they would of gotten their act together by now.

I placed an order with Thompson and Morgan the same day as the Park order and I received it in five days.

Park seems to be heading the down the same route as Burpee :
    overpriced, slow to ship, high shipping charges, little that is new or unique.

Karen

• aklinda
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I got an email yesterday that my order has shipped and today the funds came out of my bank account. I ordered on Jan 16 and the order shipped on Feb 6. Other seeds that I ordered the first week of Jan from the other seed companies that I mentioned are already sprouted. Hopefully they'll be here in a few days and I can get them sowed and growed. (pardon the bad grammar - couldnt' resist the rhyme)

• ladyrose65
    12 years ago

I wonder why it's taking so long? I got mine like exactly 16 days.

• ohiopeppers
    12 years ago

Thanks for the information, Linda.

Hopefully, my order will be shipping soon, too.

Karen

• moonphase
    12 years ago

I went to Parks several yrs ago while vacationing in the area and was so impressed by all the plants I saw.I spent a whole lot of money for a couple of yrs trying to get some plants from their seeds.I thought I was such a failure at gardening.I finally bought some seeds from Burpee and others and whamo,had almost 100% germination.Thats what made me swear,I will never buy another seed from Parks.I hope you have alot better luck with them.
    moonphase

• aklinda
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I recieved an email on Feb 6 saying my order had shipped and I still have not recieved the seeds. They must be coming by camel and taking the scenic route. At this point it is one month since I placed the order. Most of the seeds I ordered from the other seed companies have already sprouted. The seeds I ordered from Dianes, Pinetree, Cheap seeds and Swallowtail all arrived less than a week from the time that I ordered them. I'm glad I ordered as early as I did and that half of the seeds are tomatoes that I hadn't planned on starting for another few weeks.

• ohiopeppers
    12 years ago

Still waiting. Four weeks, four days and counting.

After three emails and one call to customer service, I finally received a reply. The email stated that my order was in the final stages of preparation in the shipping department and should leave in the next few days. They'll probably ship the seeds using a slow boat to China and I might see them in another two or three weeks.

Karen

• organic_greenjeans
    12 years ago

From what I've read here, I'm fortunate to have received my seeds in 12 days, although seeds ordered & shipped the same day from Ontario, Canada arrived 3 days earlier!

I will also be counting my seeds & will see how this goes. This is the first time I've purchased seed from them, they had something I wasn't finding elsewhere, but depends on results now as to whether I'll buy from them again.

I'm also just curious, this was the first time I posted seeds for exchange, with zero inquiries. Is that 'normal' or is it because I'm new on this forum? Or both?!

Thanks, GreenJeans

• aklinda
    Original Author
    12 years ago

My seeds finally arrived today - I hope to get the perennials sowed tomorrow and the tomatoes in a couple of weeks. Ordered on Jan 16, shipped on Feb 6 and arrived Feb 16. Can't believe it took 10 days for them to get here.

• ladyrose65
    12 years ago

Aklinda, I got my recent order within 8 days. I think they are back on track.

• naturemitch
    12 years ago

Wow, totally unacceptable! Your whole order?? I see about 10 days for shipping on the companies I order from. And shorting customers?? That has never happened with any company I have dealt with. Mistakes do happen, but Parks is a BIG mistake! Stay clear!!!!

• pippi21
    12 years ago

I rec'd my Park's seed order today, and I don't think it took more than 2 weeks to process my order and ship it. I ordered
    "Prairie Sun" rudbeckia, "Gay Butterflies" butterfly weed, Lobelia "Fountain Blue" 2 pkt.each.. Their packaging is like in old foil but doesn't look like there are many in each. One has 100 seeds..probably very fine.

Last night while preparing dinner, I came across a bottle of Reese Butter salt that was about 10 yrs.old, I'm guessing. I think I must have bought it for popcorn or for putting on vegetables before I served them. I didn't realize I had this product still. I dumped the contents in the trash bag and washed the container out, soaked it in hot water to get the label off and it has a plastic top with holes in, which I want to save for those tiny flower seeds. Will add some sugar along with the fine seeds, so I can see where I've sown them. I'll let you all know if it works!

Sponsored
Franklin County's Preferred Architectural Firm | Best of Houzz Winner