Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Saw the fox again

Posted by just1morehosta 5 (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 20, 11 at 19:24

For the last two weeks, we have had our fox return,every evening, around 5 pm, he(she) shows up, walking really fast, into the woods.Abeautiful red,and very thin.
cAROL

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Saw the fox again

that is so cool. i've never seen a fox in the wild. i know they are here, i've seen their prints and on the road, but never been lucky enough to catch a glimpse.

o

Had a family of five living behind my row of blueberry bushes last year. They came out to play in the early morning:

o

Eileen, I was hoping you would post your pictures again,Have you seen any yet this year?Keep a look out, I am going to try to get a picture.
cAROL

o

Haven't seen anything but then again the snow is over 3 ft. deep out there. I expect they're still hibernating.

o

wonderful pics! i think my dogs just scare everything away. bark bark bark that's all they do. we do get huge flocks of turkeys that show up when we get a lot of snow-- they run up and down the driveway in the path we shovel out at ridiculous early hours-- i wake up to their prints in the morning. they have no fear of the dogs LOL

o

The foxes had no dogs to worry about--no one has a dog except a couple folks down the road a ways and the dogs are smaller than the foxes. The adults and 3 pups came out to play in the early mornings when it was just beginning to get light. A few times I saw them in the evenings before dark too.

Not a clear shot because of the dim light plus the window screen but here's another one:

o

Red foxes are very beutiful. I've seen the silver morph of them plenty of times while I was deer hunting. They are VERY smart and by the time you see them in the woods they have already dissapeared. You are very lucky to have the opportunity to get pictures like that. But the downside is anywhere fox and especially coyote populations increase, there is usually a substantial decrease in ground nesting birds such as turkey, grouse, and quail. :( They realy need some thinning out where I live so the quail population can bounce back. I haven't heard a bobwhite in at least 7 years where I live.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here