Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
deannatoby

Seed order: 'Takion Blue/White' amazing bellflower

I have posted a few places about the Campunula persicifolia 'Takion Blue' I bought at my local nursery this summer. I've included a link to one of my postings. This thing bloomed way up here on the zone 5/4 border through November until the first real killing frost, and in October and November it looked better than the picture in the link. It was AWESOME! It is a shorter peach-leafed bellflower, about 18"-24" tall, and blooms its head off. I am determined to have more, but I'd like to grow my own so I have MANY more. The seeds are a hybrid that can only be produced by crossing the correct parents. I *think* that only one company produces the seeds, but I could be wrong. Anyway, the seeds are expensive. If you buy them in a normal pack they're about $.40 each. But, in bulk they are only $.10 each.

I would like to order 100 seeds from Swallowtail for $9.99. I'll order both 'Takion Blue' and 'Takion White' if I have enough sharers. Would you like to go in with me on an order? I figure 20 seeds should give me some decent germination and plants. If you want 20 seeds that would be $2.00 plus shipping, but you can take more or less if you want (and only pay for the seed you want, of course). The normal bellflower seeds are tiny and friendly to regular mail, but the Takions are pelleted seeds. If they need a cushioned envelope I can take care of that easily for free.

If you would like to participate in an order of 'Takion Blue' and/or 'Takion White' please e-mail me and let me know which kind and HOW MANY SEEDS YOU WOULD LIKE at $.10/seed + shipping. Include you address.

Thanks!

Deanna

Here is a link that might be useful: My bellflower link

Comments (9)

• barbe_wa
    14 years ago

I'm interested in a packet of 20 of the Takion Blue seeds. Send me an e-mail with the total cost - the $2.00 plus whatever shipping and your address and I'll send you a SASBE with the money. I think this is a great idea with the costs of S&H and seeds, too, going up, up, up!

• Linda G (zone 6a)
    14 years ago

Just sent you an email thru gardenweb but since that sometimes doesn't work, will post here too!

I'd be interested in 15 (or 10!) on the blue and 10 on the white. I will ditto what barb said - send me an email with total cost and your address and i'll send a SASBE to you.

Thanks
    Linda

• conniemcghee
    14 years ago

I remember seeing your posts about these. :) Count me in also for 10 or 20 of the Blue.

• mnwsgal
    14 years ago

I am interested in 10 seeds of both 'Takion Blue' and 'Takion White' for a total of 20 seeds. Am sending you an e-mail.

Bobbie

• deanna in ME Barely zone 6a, more like 5b
    Original Author
    14 years ago

We have a full order for the blue takions, but we still have some white bellflower seeds to be claimed. Anybody interested in white bellflowers?

Original Author
    14 years ago

The offer is closed. Thanks so much to all who responded and will have some long blooming cheer next year!

Deanna

• barbe_wa
    14 years ago

My Takion Blues sprouted today! I was getting a bit antsy about them, but not too worried since none of my other campanulas have sprouted yet. I'm really looking forward to this one. Thanks, Deanna

Original Author
    14 years ago

I have four jugs, two Takion Blues and two Takion Whites. For about a week I have had ONE SPROUT IN EACH JUG, and THAT'S IT!!! Talk bout nerve wracking. Connie (poo on her!) has many more sprouts, but she's much warmer. We have had colder temps recently, so I'm hoping they're just slowing down because of the colder temps. And, actually, my first jug to get a sprout did have two more little babies poking through today. I am so nervous! It is going to warm up here a bit, and I'd love to see those microscopic sprouts poking through more. Next year I hope not to have any flowers I'm overly excited about, as it is just too doggone stressful!!

I'm very glad you have some nice sprouts now. I do have one other campanula persicifolia jug, and it now has about 5 sprouts. Hoping the Takions catch up. I'd LOVE for you to keep us posted!

• conniemcghee
    14 years ago

I had to come see what was going on in the Takion thread! :)

My current count is four TEEEEENY little sprouts. There is one in one container, three in another container, and none in the last container. I think I planted them 3/3/4 (I got ten seeds). I'm still watching for others and hoping!

We need to start a special Takion club. :p I think they are my most highly treasured babies! I can hardly wait to check them every day, but they seem stuck at this size right now for the past few days. Hoping they are going to take off soon!

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living