Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
When to WS Safflower zone 6

Posted by jvdubb 6 (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 28, 13 at 20:18

I did a search and saw that these can be WS but I am unsure WHEN to start them.

Any advice?
TIA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: When to WS Safflower zone 6

I'm not sure what safflower is, but if it can be ws it can be done now -- it is winter after all.

In zone 6, you can do just about anything now. We haven't been getting too many long warm spells this year so early sprouting isn't likely to be a problem.

Until last year, I was zone 6b, and if I put in the zip from the village 3 miles from mine it still is. I'm in the tiny sliver of PA that changed to 7 when they redid the zones a year or so ago, but it doesn't really change our first/last frosts so it hasn't really affected what or how I plant.

o
RE: When to WS Safflower zone 6

Thanks Caryl.

When I do an internet search there is all kinds of info about studies on winter sowing it. But it is all commercial. Either way it seems to be ideal for winter sowing. The studies are for harvesting product. I just want it for ornamental and wild life.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here