Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeanne_6oh

Sprouts!!! Will Hellebores make it?

jeanne
12 years ago

I was rooting around in the garden today and found about 50 Hellebore seedlings popping up in the garden. I'm really not sure when they germinate, I thought I found them early last year but the pics I have of them are from April. Do these guys stand a chance? Any suggestions besides cover them back up with leaves, which I've already done?

I just started my first WS containers today because I was afraid of them sprouting too early and then to run across them in the garden seems to confirm my suspicions. Does anybody else in zone 6 have sprouts yet?

Thanks,

Jeanne

Comments (2)

• jeanne
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Oops, I just found the answer to this question on another thread! Thanks Morz8 if you see this! I wish I could delete this post, lol!

Thanks,
    Jeanne

• morz8 - Washington Coast
    12 years ago

That's OK - and they should be fine, they're tough little guys. I've had self sown hellebore seedlings for more than a month now, I'm going to be pulling seedlings and I thought I'd deadheaded or harvested a good many of the seeds, guess not.

Their parents mostly have bloom stalks from about 1 - 5" high, will be pretty in a couple of weeks.

Sponsored