Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
just1morehosta

Just stopping by to say hello

just1morehosta
12 years ago

Hi guys, I know this is a busy time for every one,and I have been stalking to see what all ya have been up to.

I am not WSing this year,My husband passed away Thanksgiving,This is very hard to deal with.So, I am watching all of you to see what every one will be sowing this year,good luck on all your efforts,the weather in Illinois has been very nice,is any one here worried things may sprout,then get hit with a cold spell?

Nice seeing some oldies and a few newbies,:0)

cAROL

Comments (15)

• ymaddox
    12 years ago

so sorry to hear of your loss...it is a difficult time. remember gardening is very good therapy :). glad to see you drop in...god bless!

• bev2009
    12 years ago

Hi, cAROL. I'm sorry to hear about your husband. It so hard to loss a loved one. Hope you pop in to share some of your WS wisdom.

• gardenweed_z6a
    12 years ago

Hi cAROL - so glad to see you posting again. I'm so sorry about Wayne. Take care & always cherish the good memories.

I've only planted seeds that need cold stratification in order to germinate so I don't expect any will sprout too soon. It's been consistently cool, 40 or below here with just a day where it rose to 60. A far cry from last year's snowmageddon.

• christie_sw_mo
    12 years ago

Big hug Carol - I'm soooo sorry.
    Please feel welcome to join in even if you're not winter sowing this year. We've had a warm winter here too. My son was saying this morning that he wanted snow. We haven't gotten any yet this year.
    God Bless

• not_a_contessa
    12 years ago

cAROL, my heart goes out to you, I understand the pain you're going through, I lost Dan just before Thanksgiving in 2010. I didn't go to the seed box or the garden at all for a long time, it just wasn't the same without my gardening best buddy.

But meanwhile, after my grandson emptied some potting soil at the base of the morning glory pole that Dan made, it wasn't long before the President Tyler mg's sprouted, grew, and covered the entire pole, almost as if Dan wanted me to have flowers again.

You are in my thoughts and prayers. Keep your memories of your husband close as you go through the grieving process, stay strong and know that he is still with you in spirit.

Mary

• terrene
    12 years ago

I'm so sorry for your loss, Carol. My sympathies.

• morz8 - Washington Coast
    12 years ago

Carol, I'm so very sorry to read of your loss, what a difficult time this must be for you. Maybe by Spring you'll enjoy spending some time in your garden, my own can be the glue that holds me together some years.

If not sowing, please stop in anyway and stay in touch. Thank you for letting us know.

• oliveoyl3
    12 years ago

Thanks for saying hello. Ditto what others have said. I'm sorry for the loss of your hubby and friend. May you find peace through this season of grief. Remember just as in our gardens the storms will pass & sunny days are ahead.

I've remember reading your posts & appreciate the garden tips you've given on the hosta forum. Gardening may be on hold, but you can't take the gardener out of you. Take good care of yourself!

Corrine

• bakemom_gw
    12 years ago

Sorry for your loss, but it is good to see you back. Miss your sparkle!

• mnwsgal
    12 years ago

Hugs, to you, Carol. During this sad time know that your gardening friends are thinking of you and keeping you in our thoughts.

• kqcrna
    12 years ago

I'm so sorry Carol. Please do stop in and visit.

Karen

• moonwolf_gw
    12 years ago

Hi cAROL,

I'm very sorry to hear about your husband's passing. It's nice to see you too!

I'm only planting perennials right now. The containers aren't coming to me as fast as I'd like, so I'm slowly but surely getting my seeds planted. Trying a few new kinds and hoping they sprout.

Mary, I enjoyed your story about the morning glories :). Most of the flowers I grow are for sentimental reasons so I can relate.

Good to hear from you, cAROL! Don't be afraid to drop on by more often! We love hearing from you!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

• ladyrose65
    12 years ago

I was wondering what happened to you and Country Carolyn?
    I am very sorry to hear about your loss. But gardening does help keep your mind of things.

It's good to hear from you.

Avis (Ladyrose65)

• albertar
    12 years ago

Carol
    I'm so sorry for your loss, please accept my deepest condolences.

hugs
    Alberta

• just1morehosta
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Good morning every one, thank you for all your knid words,and ofers of prayers,I hope every one has a fantastic year in your garden,I will be watching for all the wonderful pictures to be coming.Thank you again,cAROL

Sponsored
2 Navy Lane, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudoun County's Leading Interior Designer