Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bakemom_gw

More Newbie Packs - flowers only

bakemom_gw
12 years ago

I have a ton of newbie packs ready to go. Send a sasbe with 4 stamps for the return trip. If you don't have a bubble mailer, just send a mailing label and 4 stamps.

Post here and unblock your email. Don't be shy; if you want a seond pack or don't feel you are a noobie - don't worry. This is for everyone.

Remember, the goal of this project is to get as many seeds into the hands of gardeners as possible. Sow them. gift them, or trade them. Doesn't matter - just do it.

Comments (29)

• chrisb40
    12 years ago

I'm a new member and I winter sowed my first seeds yesterday! I would love a newbie pack, thanks.

• msmashy
    12 years ago

Hi! I'd love a second if that would be okay.
    Michelle in NJ

• geekdean
    12 years ago

Ditto on the second newbie pack, I didn't want to be a hog, but since you offered!

Dean

FYI about %30 of the seeds I sowed in the first newbie pack in January have sprouted, now I'm hoping this mild winter continues.

• Countrygirlatheart1
    12 years ago

Bakemom, I still have your address from when I replied a while back and didn't get around to sending my envelope due to my moms illness and death. If it is all right I will send my envelope shortly.

• rolrod
    12 years ago

Bakemom, Can you please email me regarding a noob pack?

Thanks,
    Rolando, IL

• ricjo22
    12 years ago

Hi bakemom i am not really a newbie any more but i loved my newbie pack in 2010 and I will pass things along in my family. please count me in

• missmshell
    12 years ago

Hi Bakemom! I'm technically not a newbie, but I've been out of the game for a bit. I want to get into more cut flowers this year. I would love a package of flower seeds!

• moonwolf_gw
    12 years ago

I mailed out 4 stamps and a mailing label today! Looking forward to more flowers!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

• Kimby_berry
    12 years ago

I had my first garden last year and just put out my very first winter sowing water jugs today. I am so excited about not buying plants and actually growing plants/flowers from seed!!

If you still have some newbie pack left I would love one!!

This is my first post on this forum. I am going to try to unlock my email now....

• Jessica Hill
    12 years ago

I would like a newbie pack, but I don't understand what you mean to "unblock" my e-mail?

• Countrygirlatheart1
    12 years ago

Sent my envelope off yesterday!!!

Thanks,
    Sherry

• moonwolf_gw
    12 years ago

Got my seeds today! Thank you, Bakemom!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

• christaf1968
    12 years ago

I would love some of the seeds please!! Not sure how to unlock my email though. Can someone explain?

• missmshell
    12 years ago

Sent an envelope out yesterday! So excited to be back into this! Hope to be trading like crazy again next year!

• pippi21
    12 years ago

Opps! Seems like some people that asked for Newbie packs aren't newbies!

• bakemom_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

It doesn't matter. It's called Newbie b/c most of the seeds are common and wouldn't likely interest long time seedies. Anyone can be a newbie, whether you are new to gardening, growing from seed, winter sowing, seed trading, or just want to try something new. The seeds can be shared, traded, or whatever. The important thing is to get seeds inti the hands of those who will sow them.

This works for everyone b/c some gardeners have tons of extra seeds but dont have the time/patience/insanity to send them out themselves. By pooling extra seeds, the packs can be stuffed with all kinds of interesting items.

It's also important to remember that a common seed to one gardener is a new experience for others. Some of my favorite plants I grew from seeds sent to me as extras in trade. It opened a whole new world for me. Questions about the plants can be posted in this forum and others with dozens of experienced gardeners who love to share their experience.

if you figure the average cost of a seed pack around $3, you get $60 plus worth of seeds for four stamps. In addition, the packs are mostly generous in the extreme, so folks can share and try multiple plantings.

• msmashy
    12 years ago

Also, Bakemom's initial post in this thread explictly said this was for everyone and also that it was okay to ask for a second pack. While I truly am a WS newbie (though not newbie to gardening), I have already shared my seeds with other new WSers. I donated veggie seeds to a local workshop for new WSers and also to a friend at work who is going to try WS this weekend for the first time. Her family has fallen on some hard times and she's trying to grow food for her family's table this year. We gardeners are a generous bunch and extra seeds in our hands get passed on! :)

Michelle in NJ

• geekdean
    12 years ago

Got my seeds today, thanks bakemom!

• Jessica Hill
    12 years ago

I'm just curious if you received my envelope?
    (Jessica Hill - Kinderhook)

Thanks bakemom :) you're a WS angel! Can't wait till I can offer seeds to trade!

• Jodyb
    12 years ago

I would love a pack of newbie flowers. I am really enjoying watching my first winter sowing seeds sprout already. Thanks.

• missmshell
    12 years ago

Got my package!!!! Thank you soooooo much!

• msmashy
    12 years ago

Mine arrived! What a fantastic selection! I'm very excited to get these sown! Thank you so much!
    Michelle

• Jessica Hill
    12 years ago

Hi Bakemon!

Just got my seeds in the mail and THANK YOU! My daughter (5 1/2 yo) and I are ecstatic! We've got to actually start a whole new flower garden for them all! I hope that someday soon I can do what you did for us! The little sayings on the stickers to hold the packets together is so wonderful as well.

Oh I can't be anymore excited right now...well I know I will be though, when things start to bloom!

Sending lots of warm wishes your way!

Thank you again.
    ~jr

• efd123
    12 years ago

Thank you so much Bakemom!!!

• bakemom_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

i still have more. 1 mailing label and 5 stamps to be sure. Minimum 20 packs - flowers only. There is still plenty of time to sow. I sow until July!

• dfshaw
    12 years ago

I would love to have a second helping also, will send out my SASBE tomorrow, I still have your info,
    Thanks to you and the donors!
    Dean

• utahmama
    12 years ago

I rec'd my newbie pack today. Thank you, thank you to bakemom and all of the wonderful donors! I hope I will be able to pay it forward this summer/fall and collect seeds from my plants to help make more newbie packs. Now off to sow more containers! Thanks again!

Kimber

• Edie
    12 years ago

I'm new to the newbie packs. May I have one, please?

Edie

• ANGLROBINSON
    11 years ago

When will the newbie packs get started. I have been looking out for it and I hope I haven't missed it.

Sponsored
Fineline Deck Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars11 Reviews
Women Owned Construction Company Specializing in High Quality Decks