Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
trudi_d

Psssst....wanna hear something?

trudi_d
13 years ago

Tune in Saturday, Feb, 26th at 10AM to America's Web Radio, and listen to my interview with Katey Copsey on the "America's Home Grown Veggie Hour" (10am - 11 am)

Here is a link that might be useful: America's Web Radio

Comments (28)

• countrycarolyn
    13 years ago

Trudi, that is truly Awesome. Hey if you become famous and everything can I say hey "I know her", lol. To be on the web radio that is AWESOME!!

• gardenunusual
    13 years ago

Can't wait to hear it! Keep spreading the inspiration, Trudi. You're one in a million!!!

• tempusflits
    13 years ago

Cool!

• ladyrose65
    13 years ago

Congrats!

• tomva
    13 years ago

I predict the classroom will grow,congradulations Trudi..

• trudi_d
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I've been told that the station will archive the interview so that's good news for folks who can't hear the intitial broadcast.

T

• river_crossroads z8b Central Louisiana
    13 years ago

Bumping this up as Trudi's broadcast is today at 10 am Eastern time!!

Trudi says it will be archived as well. Hope to hear it!

• gardenunusual
    13 years ago

Great interview, Trudi! You are the Queen!

• bakemom_gw
    13 years ago

Loved it!

• trudi_d
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you to everyone for your kind words. I just checked the archives and it's not up yet, perhaps by next week it will be available, and when it is I will post the link.

This interview was recorded over the phone last week, and it had to be edited for time and clarity. So, when I listened to it today here with Hubs, I had some idea of how it would come out, but I had no idea that it would be as good as it was. It was a very thorough interview, and I'm happy to hear that it appears I know my topic well, lol. (Brow-wiping sigh.) And hooray, I didn't sound like a warbling gerbil--horrors!)

Does anyone have any questions about what was covered in the interview?

T

• kqcrna
    13 years ago

I'd like to hear it, I hope you will post a link when it's up.

Karen

• gardenunusual
    13 years ago

I caught bits and pieces of it, as we were getting ready to run errands, so I am looking forward to hearing the archival piece.

• morz8 - Washington Coast
    13 years ago

I'll have to wait for the archive too...7 AM for an online broadcast just didn't work today. OK, wouldn't work for most Saturdays, organization not being one of my consistent skills.

I'm looking forward to it (and putting the sound to a voice normally just in print), will watch for the link.

And yes, I was up :) In fact, got up at four, put on shoes and ran out in 22F and got the hummingbird feeder, brought it in to thaw for hummers breakfast - I've had three that spent the winter and I thought they'd endured their last storm. Then record (almost 50 yr) lows for this week of the year....Sigh.

• trudi_d
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I sound like me ;-)

• river_crossroads z8b Central Louisiana
    13 years ago

You sounded great, Trudi! The sound was clear but I was at the gym listening on my smartphone with internet access so I couldn't hear everything in the noisy room. I'm looking forward to the replay. Fun, great job!

• rosemctier
    13 years ago

congrats! i can't wait to hear it :)

• countrycarolyn
    13 years ago

I am looking forward to the archive also. I was on the road at that time, so unfortunately I was unable to catch it.

I agree with morz it will be cool to put a voice behind print. If ya want my voice just put a real country, southern accent behind it, with a touch of twang, lol.

• hostarookie
    13 years ago

Eekkk, I missed it. Thank goodness it will be archived!

• countrycarolyn
    13 years ago

The archive is up!! I am listening to it now.

Great Interview, Trudi, I love it!!

Here is a link that might be useful: veggie hour

• linda_jo
    13 years ago

Trudi! You were fabulous on the radio! Great information delivered in such a warm personable manner. It's incredible that you came up with this method. I am amazed! I went to school for Landcsape Gardening and never learned anything so pracitcal. I am doing it this year for the first time. I want to tell everyone about it. I would love to meet you someday. Thank you again.

• noinwi
    13 years ago

Awesome interview, Trudi! I listened to the archive today. Extremely informative and a great way to bring awareness to this method(and to GW).
    Funny, I was expecting to hear this firm, authoritarian voice, and you sounded like a Pixie! I loved it! Hope that doesn't offend you, I mean it in the best way possible.

• trudi_d
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I wasn't kidding about the warbling gerbil thing--I'm five foot maybe, lol, and a squeaky voice comes with the size. So far so good, feedback has been excellent on the interview. Kate is very experienced at interviewing people and she was a joy to talk to--that's very important because she sets the tone. Interviews can range from interrogations to jolly chit chat, but this was a friendly and good discussion.

• tempusflits
    13 years ago

I'm so glad there was an archive. Great interview, Trudi. Well done!

• gardenunusual
    13 years ago

Got the archive. Wonderful interview :)

• kellygirrl
    13 years ago

* Posted by countrycarolyn 6-7nwTN (My Page) on
    Fri, Feb 25, 11 at 9:12
    "Trudi, that is truly Awesome. Hey if you become famous and everything can I say hey "I know her", lol."

Whaddya mean? She already is famous! To me, anyway! I'm just about to listen now, while I cut some containers and winter sow them!!

• ldsluder
    13 years ago

Thanks CC for posting the link - Trudi - priceless!!!!!! :)!~Forever Thankful To You!!! ~Lisa/NC

• elliesfun
    13 years ago

Good morning Trudi,
    I have been listening to America's Web Radio and was very impressed because I learned so much from your talks. This is actually the first year that I have wintered sown the correct way. Before I just put the seeds in the dirt beds and very seldom anything grew. I went to Starbucks and over the past month have brought home over 400 milk jugs. I now have over 200 outside with seeds in. Hopefully next weekend the rest will be planted. I am so excited about these jugs. I bought 1 1/2 acres, built a home and now want to get the yard in. Thank you for all the info I received from your talk.

Ellie

• trudi_d
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you Ellie, and everyone too, who have said some very nice things about the interview. Winter Sowing is meant to be simple and adaptable, it's very sensible too. I only write about what I see whith my own eyes. What I liked about the interview is that I do speak like I write, or do I write like I speak? LOL. Anyway, I am the author but I am not authoritative, well usually, except for once in a blue moon when something happens that just pops my cork, but I am a real person ;-O

T

Sponsored
Roanoke Landscapes
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars20 Reviews
Botetourt's Full Scope Landscaping ServicesBest of Houzz Winner