Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone Still Sowing Perennials? Updated Seed Want List

Posted by moonwolf Z6 Central PA (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 28, 13 at 12:49

Hi everyone,

Is anyone still sowing perennials? Has anyone started sowing cold-hardy annuals yet? The only annuals I have sown are the Datura seeds.

I've also updated my trade list. All of them I'm really hunting for lol, but some more than others. Right now, I'm focusing on perennials/biennals/hardy annuals.

How's everyone doing? I know I've been rather quiet, but like I said before, I'm cutting back on WS'ing this year.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone Still Sowing Perennials? Updated Seed Want List

I've just sent you an email as I have several of your wants.

KimKa

o

Still sowing perennials. Still sowing everything. I've been really pokey slow this year, doing 4-6 containers whenever I can steal a second to mix up the wetted potting soil. going to try to do some more today.

o

Good I'm glad I am not the only slow poke. I keep meaning to do more. I have the containers, seeds and soil. Just haven't gotten around tp more.

o

I've started on hardy annuals, but I keep getting more perennials in the mail which have to be sown right away, of course. I've also done quite a few cold weather veggies and herbs like the brassicas, peas, spinach, chard, parsley, chervil, green onions, etc. I'm going to a swap meet this weekend which will probably give me a few more perennials to sow. (Oh darn, I just hate that - lol)

o

I havent even started yet on anything, we have had 60 inches of snow the last two weeks, ive learned long ago to be patient.

I used to run out at the end of December and sow everything but tender stuff, the issue with that is 100 inches or so of snow and ice will flatten the containers, other then really stiff ones, so I would just end up with loads of flat milk jugs.

Waiting till mid march works best for me, give or take. Past most of the largest of the snow storms (hopefully) but still plenty of cold left for the seeds that need it.

Silverkelt

o

I've finally gotten some potting soil. I knew should have gotten back in Nov, but put off and had been looking for anything since Jan. Thinking I'm going to need more though!

o

I had already started Gazania by then and I have sprouts now. I also planted some other annuals. Did I start them too soon? I am a newbie at WSing. I sowed nicotiana sylvestris, petunia and night phlox. I did reserve some seed in case they didn't make it though..

This post was edited by ponyexpress_1 on Fri, Mar 15, 13 at 12:44

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here