Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sweetlady_gw

Nice and cozy babies

sweetlady
13 years ago

My 2nd year and very happy that I found you gals and guys.

By the way I did do the sprout dance.

{{gwi:358573}}

{{gwi:358574}}

{{gwi:358576}}

Comments (12)

• gardenunusual
    13 years ago

Woohoo!!!

• tepelus
    13 years ago

Very nice! It'll be some time before I see any sproutage here.

Karen

• gardenweed_z6a
    13 years ago

Congratulations sweetlady!! Those are some awesome-looking sprouts! Thanks for sharing them with those of us who can't even see our WS container ghettos due to several feet of snow that's covering them.

• dorothy4981
    13 years ago

Dancing with and for you Sweetlady!

Dorothy (Meadows)

• adamark
    13 years ago

Really nice setting. Congratulations!

• morz8 - Washington Coast
    13 years ago

Very pretty!

Keep 'em cozy, I just got home from a Costco trip (Oly) and there was snow mixed into the rain on my windshield - 55 miles SW of there on the ocean :(

• PVick
    13 years ago

Beautiful! You're going to have some garden this year! Like your setup, too ...

(I can't believe it's the end of February, practically, and I've only sown one container. I need to get busy!)

PV

• ladyrose65
    13 years ago

Congratulations!Sweetlady,. Looks like you're going to be having Fun!

• just1morehosta
    13 years ago

Nice job sweetlady,can't wait for mine to look like that.A very nice picture.
    So, what is it you have them in?
    There are no holes in the top,or bottom,how do they get the moisture they need,you must water them.
    I see our zones are different,I don't think this set up would work here in my zone 5,Illinois area,do you?
    cAROL

• sweetlady
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks all.

Hey Carol, they are in what is called a POP UP hothouse. I purchased this online last year from FlowerHouse. Because it is very cool in Washington State I have no need to worry too much about watering until around April. I have had this up since the beginning of January and I have only had to squirt them with water once. It is suprising to me that there is so much condensation going on inside and we have only had a couple of really sunny days.

For ventilation if you look at the bottom right side you will see zippers so it does open and on the top of that you will see a smaller window that opens too and it is on both sides. It is very lightweight, so cannot hold up under pressure, like a lot of snow.

Sweetlady

• pippi21
    13 years ago

Watch those coffee cups, they have a tendency to dry up very fast or easy, or at least mine did last year but Token has great luck with his under the hoop house he made.

• sjc48
    13 years ago

Sweetlady - I keep forgetting to post here and tell you congratulations on your sprouts! Isn't it great!? That looks like a very good system you've got going. Shirley!