Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
freezengirl_gw

Stuck in my car!

freezengirl
13 years ago

Silly situation but it is driving me crazy! I have a big bale of Promix stuck in the trunk of my car-frozen solid. No way to get it out, it is wedged in solid. I have been chipping away at it without much luck (in Alaska no less!) and am wondering if any of you have ever had this situation and how you resolved it? Really this is absurd-trying not to freeze myself, while thawing dirt so I can ultimatly freeze the dirt again. I can see why gardeners can get the reputation for being a little bit unusual. ;-)

Comments (7)

• noinwi
    13 years ago

Maybe an electric blanket(or heating pad)and an extension cord. I thawed frozen pipes that way once.

• mnwsgal
    13 years ago

Sorry, but I am laughing at the vision and the absurdity.
    Hope the e. blanket works.

• kqcrna
    13 years ago

Move to Ohio?

Karen

• gardenweed_z6a
    13 years ago

Buy Pro-mix in August?

Eileen

• dawiff
    13 years ago

Find a friend with a heated garage and ask to leave your car there?

• freezengirl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

mnwsgal-what is even more absurd is I moved here from up around the Bemidji Mn area, this is my first winter in Alaska. If anyone should know about freezing issues it is me. The winter here is so much milder then MN that I actually forgot that the dirt would freeze in the car! My DH just arrived home from a month away at work. I am pretty sure he was to tired to tease me about my many pots sitting out freezing on the deck but darn I hate to hand him ammunition for teasing me like the bale in the trunk. ;-)
    Thank you all for your ideas and I hope you are getting through this last burst of winter intact.

• ellenrr
    13 years ago

well, you have taken some good-natured teasing. :)

but I'm happy for your situation. When I read the subject, I thot YOU had been stuck in your car.

ellen

Sponsored