Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
moonwolf_gw

Stocked Up On Seeds :)

moonwolf_gw
12 years ago

Hi everyone,

I bought more seeds today at the Dollar General (got some the last time I was there too) and the other day at Wal-Mart (Burpee). Here are the seeds I bought:

Ageratum "Blue Mink"

Alyssum "Carpet of Snow" and "Rosie O'Day"

Balsam "Camellia Mixed Colors"

Candytuft "Dwarf Fairy Mix"

Canterbury Bells "Cup And Saucer Mix"

Cleome "Rose Queen"

Dill "Mammoth" (for pickles!)

Forget Me Nots "Annual Firmament"

Four O'Clocks "Kaleidoscope Mix"

Gypsophila "Covent Garden"

Helichrysum "Tall Double Mixed Colors"

Hollyhock "Country Romance Mix"

Snapdragon "Burpee's Tall Mix" and "Tall Deluxe Mixed Colors"

Sweet Pea "Mammoth Mix" and "Old Spice Mix"

Sweet William "Tall Double Mixed Colors"

Tithonia "Torch" (2 packets of these; I just LOVE them!)

Zinnias

-Cactus Mixed Colors

-Candy Cane Mixed Colors

-Giants Of California

-Lilliput Mixed Colors

-Pinwheel Mix

-Pulcino Mix

Whew! A lot of seeds for sure! Not all of these are going into my garden. These will be going to friends and family :). I still have seeds from trades I have to plant too! Some can't be winter sown (morning glories for one).

Happy sowing everyone!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Comments (7)

• daisydawnny
    12 years ago

Looks like another trip to Dollar General is in order for me...I got a lot of seeds last Summer when they marked them down for clearance. I have Spring Sowed Morning Glories and they did great.

Nice List!!

• pippi21
    12 years ago

Brad..you will love the Dwarf Fairy Candytuft and it reseeds and it is easy to collect the seeds from it. Dollar General seems to be a Pa. Store..don't see any of them here in our part of Md. I know where some are in Dauphin and Lancaster Counties.

You'll also like those two varities of alyssum too. I just bought some purple alyssum that I need to get wintersown. I'm not doing a lot of wintersowing jugs this year..So far only 16 but I may add a few more..refuse to go over 20 this year.

• jessewo
    12 years ago

Oh! I've already been there, but you make me want to go back!

• Amy
    12 years ago

This is an awesome list! There is a dollar general like, 4 miles from my house. I just passed it today - I had no idea they have seeds! Now I'm jealous and might need to take a trip there...

• moonwolf_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Daisydawny, hmm, maybe I'll try Spring Sowing them and some moonflower vine seeds. They're my favorite annual vines, especially the moonflowers.

Pippi, I believe that Dollar General is a national chain. Don't take my word for it though. Glad to hear about the candytuft and the alyssum :). They look gorgeous!

Jessew, the seeds are wonderful there! Very nice selections of seeds! Not all of the ones I listed are from there though.

AmyCrawford, not only do they have seeds but lots of nice garden decorations too! I love wind chimes, but living in a windy valley, they always get tangled. Most of the seeds are 2 for $1 or 3 for $1 so very reasonably priced!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

• ladyrose65
    12 years ago

You got a lot of good seeds! I might need to hit you up!?(LOL)!

• susaninosceolamo
    12 years ago

Went to the hardware store and Walmart last weekend and Walmart did not have anything out but Westlake Hardware had last year's seed packs on sale for 10 cents each. I got one each of all the packets (2 of others) and I'm going to experiment with them - that way, if I lose any of them, I will just be out a couple of dollars. The look on my boyfriend's face was priceless when the guy at the register starting adding them up one by one! Thus far, he is skeptical about wintersowing but he's being a good sport and finding containers for me especially now that I'm starting to get germination on some of the colder-weather stuff!

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm