Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jodie74_gw

my ghetto garden.......

jodie74
13 years ago

Trying my hand at posting pics.... My babies....

{{gwi:361075}}

I DID IT!!! MY PIC POSTED!!!

Anyways... no sprouts here! :(

Comments (10)

• countrycarolyn
    13 years ago

Well on a positive note you can at least see your containers!! So your getting closer to the wave a green!!

• gardenunusual
    13 years ago

Ghetto fabulous!!!

• gardenweed_z6a
    13 years ago

Ghetto gorgeous!! All lined up so neat and straight too. Are there labels inside the jugs?

And you were right when you called it the Green Tsunami!!!

• pippi21
    13 years ago

"Curiosity killed the cat!" It appears you don't have the milk jugs taped or at least I don't see any in the picture. How do you close your milk jugs up? I'm finding out that a lot of people don't tape up the entire cut edge of their milk jugs. I thought it was needed and would be afraid that a strong wind would lift them up and toss them or critters would get inside to the seeds. Looks like you might have planted inside several square flowerpots? What are some of the containers to the bottom right of the photos? Congrats on learning how to post the photos..that's more than I know how to do!

• floodthelast
    13 years ago

I love it, wish I had that much done. Not that I need to do more than I have on hand anyway. : )

• jodie74
    Original Author
    13 years ago

My labels aren't inside. They are actually painted with a paint pen on the bottom half of my jugs. (can't see it in the pic cause the labels are turned the other way.) The upper deck has about 6 under the bed totes & my covered front porch has my ziploc bags. This is my year of tying anything & everything! LOL I have oodles of milk jugs, plastic cups, ziplocs, aluminum foil pans, deep clam shells, you name & I'm trying it this year! :P

Thanks gardenweed for all your help in posting a pic!!! Couldn't have done it without you! MUWAH!

• just1morehosta
    13 years ago

Woooooooooooooo,I like e. How many have you done Jodie?
    You have been Very busy.Looks great,and congratulations on posting pictures, I can't do it.
    Im a zone 5er also, no sprouts here either,but the green wave is coming.
    cAROL

• jodie74
    Original Author
    13 years ago

pippi- My jugs are taped. You just can't see it cause it's on the front of the jug by the label. I did plant lettuce in the square pots & plan to just let it grow all spring/summer in the pots. (not gonna transplant it) I am using all kinds of continers. bottom right are my clam shells that fruit come in. I ONLY used deep ones. Lots of mixed feelings around here on clam shells. But what I did was if I had oodles off seed, I planted a milk jug & a clam shell so I can compare notes. This being my first attempt at ws'ing, I'm trying ANYTHING! LOL

• terrene
    13 years ago

Wowie zowie! Lotsa containers and they look GREAT! You are going to have a lot of planting out to do. :) Where are you going to plant all of those seedlings?

• sandysgardens
    13 years ago

Great pics Jodie.

Pippi - My first year wintersowing I taped all the way around my jugs. Got hard to open on warm days and to close for cold nights. I now make a single paperhole punch on top and one on the bottom and twist tie them shut. No need to tape all the way around, idea is to get moisture into the jugs and when it rains, snows, etc that is what happens.