Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
countrycarolyn

Lets see those sprouts!!

countrycarolyn
13 years ago

I love seeing the sprouts, so lets see them. I will take some more pics tomorrow also.

So many things have germinated for me, so many tulips have sprouted hyacinths up and butter cups, the neighbors oak has 3/4 lost all of its leaves while mine has only lost half but it is still a start. Plenty of robins looking for materials to build their nest. The winter berries are getting plump and about to drop. Awww spring is almost here, so lets see your sprouts if you have some to show!!

Here is just one for me right now but if you look close enough and some you may not be able to see I should have around 13 different ones that have sprouted. Virginia Stock, Dill, Mexican Tea, Soap Wort, Stevia, Creeping Thyme, bronze fennel, Verbena bonariensis, rue, big flower self heal, lemon balm, lemon mint, marojam.

This really wasn't that great of a picture I will try to open this thing up for a few days clear up the green and take another shot later on.

{{gwi:222013}}

Comments (26)

• saravancouver
    13 years ago

here is my pictures:
    {{gwi:361262}}
    {{gwi:361263}}
    {{gwi:361264}}
    {{gwi:351205}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Winter Sowing Vegetable Annuals Perennials

• river_crossroads z8b Central Louisiana
    13 years ago

Congratulations on your sprouts, CC & saravancouver. Sara, on your website I like "Tofu Boxes As Winter Sowing Containers." CC, I've seen your collection before, you use everything, too, great. Recycle, recycle!

• countrycarolyn
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Great pictures!! I do not know about anyone else but I sure get excited when I see all of the sprout pictures.

• ladyrose65
    13 years ago

Lovin' the Pictures! Keep them coming!

• mechele211
    13 years ago

Here are a few of my babies. Dwarf hollyhock -
    {{gwi:361266}}
    Sweet peas -
    {{gwi:361268}}
    Lupines -
    {{gwi:361270}}
    and Wallflowers -
    {{gwi:361272}}

• indiana_matt
    13 years ago

Here are my hollyhocks that just sprouted yesterday. These are my first winter sowing sprouts ever! :) How exciting!

{{gwi:361275}}

{{gwi:361278}}

• countrycarolyn
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Here are a few more.

Black hollyhock
    {{gwi:361281}}
    Verbascum Phoenicium
    {{gwi:361282}}
    Rosemary and feverfew germinated
    {{gwi:222011}}
    Wild Chicory germinated, don't ya love my spring colored lounge wear, lol!!
    {{gwi:222012}}
    Chocolate Flower
    {{gwi:361285}}
    Dianthus Siberian Blue
    {{gwi:361286}}

• daisydawnny
    13 years ago

fairly sure I do not have any sprout, but I will take a peek now that the winds have died down....before our next snow storm arrives tonight......I am so sick of snow.

• ldsluder
    13 years ago

Well... when I figure out how to post pics, I have some!!!!! Quite a few in fact!

• hostarookie
    13 years ago

I don't have any sprouts to share yet. :-(

• jodie74
    13 years ago

The ONLY thing sprouting here is SNOW!!!!! :(
    Darn white stuff just keeps reproducing & spreading like CRAZY!!!!! teheee

• gardenweed_z6a
    13 years ago

Here too jodie74--almost like someone left the tap running. I'm trying to force my brain to think of it as much-needed moisture after the terrible drought we had last year. Don't ask me if that's working!

We'll get there!

{{gwi:188312}}

• countrycarolyn
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I went outside today after hearing Trudi's wonderful interview and I had to check on my babies, and it is cold out there!! Well as of today I have 60 different plants that have germinated, of course I do not plan to show all the pictures of each container, just a few. So here they are!!

Very proud to see this one lycium chinense (goji berry)

{{gwi:361288}}

Another one I am very tickled about Alpine strawberry!!

{{gwi:361289}}

White turtlehead

{{gwi:361290}}

Jacobs ladder

{{gwi:361291}}

Here is the wild chicory on the left of that is the fireweed above that is spiderwort.

{{gwi:361292}}

Yellow scabiosa

{{gwi:361293}}

Update on the precious lupinus perrenis, this container was found knocked over today so I had to replant these little guys.

{{gwi:361294}}

Indian Paintbrush

{{gwi:361295}}

Ha, can you tell which container this is, lol. Cardinal flower.

{{gwi:361296}}

And here is the update on my lasagna pan!!

{{gwi:226421}}

Ok here is one I got to show have you ever had this happen?? Weirdest part this is the only germination in this container. Red native columbine.

{{gwi:361297}}

• gardenunusual
    13 years ago

I just bought a bunch of lasagna pans at BJ's, they turned out to be less than a dollar for both the pan and the lid.

Sproutless here as of now, maybe they're hiding underneath all that snow :)

Glad to see y'all's sprouts!

• terrene
    13 years ago

Awww, everybody's wittle baby sprouts are so cute!!

However, there ain't "nothing sprouting but snow" here too. :(

• ladyrose65
    13 years ago

Carolyn, that is how I realized the Mustard Seeds have sprouted. They were clung to the side of the container. I pushed them up.

Happy Sprouts!

• countrycarolyn
    Original Author
    13 years ago

That is what I am going to have to do. I hate disturbing the rest of the soil because not one other seed in this container has germinated.

• livsauntieshel
    13 years ago

Well, here are mine...I apologize for the picture quality, I was taking them through the jug openings, and yeah, they're not great.
    Dianthus, mixed, collected.
    {{gwi:361298}}From Mar 5, 2011

Convolvulus, Blue Enchantment
    {{gwi:361299}}From Mar 5, 2011

Lupine, probably russel's hybrid mix
    {{gwi:361300}}From Mar 5, 2011

And just for fun, here's my new orchid!
    {{gwi:361301}}From Mar 5, 2011

• ladyrose65
    13 years ago

Nice sprouts. Liveauntishel. The Orchid is beautiful.

Here are my little sprouts:

Lupines: Band of Nobles Mix
    {{gwi:361302}}
    {{gwi:361303}}
    {{gwi:361304}}
    Giant Red Mustard Greens
    {{gwi:361305}}

• ldsluder
    13 years ago

Still unable to post pictures, I think mine are too big... So, here is a link I have opened to everyone with some pics of my sprouts - and a few others on winter sowing!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2105492&id=1529961149

Here is a link that might be useful: Winter sowing 2011

• karendee
    13 years ago

How cute!!

I LOVE looking at sprouts. I love all the containers too! My first year my funniest container was a plastic margarita mix container. It had dill gowing in it. It was so cute!!

When I used 2 litters I had several with sprouts under the soil on the edge of the container. They looked so healthy too. I over sowed so that was prob the reason they grew on the sides.

I think it does happen but I always left the sprouts there. A few even survived.

• ladyrose65
    13 years ago

Update on my sprouts!

Canterbury Bells Cup & Saucer:
    {{gwi:361306}}
    Band of Nobles Progressing:
    {{gwi:361307}}
    English Daisy Habenera Mix (cornmeal instead of captan (organic)
    {{gwi:361308}}

• ldsluder
    13 years ago

OK.. gonna give this a try - if you see a bunch of garble - didn't work - but I will provide a link open to public without an account to view.. These are broad pictures, not detailed like above - I will try and do individual pictures tomorrow!

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/_VAmIKEqhElo/TX1wjdanRwI/AAAAAAAAAHU/hRzLLE81lRM/s400/to%20be%20sprouted%20or%20not.jpg

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/_VAmIKEqhElo/TX1wqCgy32I/AAAAAAAAAHo/ZvGqfnJtZe0/s400/ws%20%232.jpg

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/_VAmIKEqhElo/TX1w3GhwSII/AAAAAAAAAH0/0DCL-Y58wI8/s400/ws%20%231.jpg

Sprouts sprouting out my wazoooooo!!

~Lisa / NC

Here is a link that might be useful: Winter Sowing 2011

• LilBlossom
    13 years ago

Here are my teeny, tiny parsley sprouts.

{{gwi:361309}}

• ladyrose65
    13 years ago

Nice Sprouts Lisa and Lil. I would like to be on Zone7.

• hostarookie
    13 years ago

I really MUST get a battery for my camera so I can share my sprouts. They are too cute!!

Thanks for sharing everyone!

Em

Sponsored
Cabido Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
DC & Montgomery County's Best in Full Service, Custom Home Remodeling