Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aklinda

More sprouts!

aklinda
12 years ago

In addition to the hollyhocks, red dwarf coreopsis, sunset hyssop, red and white yarrow and shasta daisies that have sprouted over the last few weeks, I now have sprouts in my purple coneflowers, calamintha, purple hairy penstemon and iron maiden penstemon. All of the Parks perennial seeds that took so long to get here are sowed. Today it was beautiful outside and I got all the dead stuff cleaned up in one flower bed. Tomorrow - clean up another flower bed and get my jugs ready for the tomatoes. I got a gift card as a reward from my employer so will use it to buy more potting soil. So far all of my winter sowing supplies have been FREE this year because of gift cards I've won one way or another at my job.

Comments (3)

• northforker
    12 years ago

Congrats on all your new babies! And for working so hard and so well that your employer notices and rewards you with gift cards that enable your WSing! Rare to hear happy news coming out of any work place in this rotten economy. Next prize - - ask them if they'll give you a few days off to PLANT all these gorgeous sprouts in the spring!

• moonwolf_gw
    12 years ago

Congrats on your sprouts! :) I have 9 containers that sprouted for me so far. This winter has been milder than last year's, and many of us are seeing container sproutage earlier than usual. Anyways, here are my 9 that have sprouted. Some I planted before the start date of the Zone Wars.

Wild Blue Lupine (sown Dec. 20)
    Maltese Cross (Sown Dec. 20) (one of my containers of it)
    Shasta Daisy "Snow Lady" (Sown Jan. 1)
    Valerian (Sown Jan. 20)
    Gaillardia "Arizona Sun" (Sown Dec. 23)
    Feverfew (Sown Jan. 8)
    Double Feverfew
    Ipomopsis rubra
    Dorinicum "Little Leo"

I forgot the last dates on these three but they were the first containers to sprout.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

• ladyrose65
    12 years ago

Aklinda, Congratulations! I'm am happy to know you got your seeds from Parks. You and Brad, are taking...off!

I would like for you put up sprout pictures. It's good for newbies and those who love to see sprouts.

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH