Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Spring 2013 countdown banner!

Posted by river_crossroads 8b Central Louisiana (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 20, 13 at 22:30

Spring countdown banner

It looks like the first day of Spring / Vernal Equinox is March 20, 2013. Thanks for reminding me, Lilykit, time to start counting down!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Spring 2013 countdown banner!

Wow, thanks for posting that River. You don't know how much I am dying for Spring at this time. Sick of the cold, stale indoor air, and dry skin. And we have a foot of snow on the ground and are facing a snowstorm this weekend that could result in another foot of snow!

26 days - whoooopppppeeeee!

o

Bumping this back up to the top.

o

It can't come soon enough. We haven't had a lot of snow -- most of the storms have just skimmed us this year -- but it's been really gray and dreary. Getting into the 50s and high 40s this week, though, so that's a start.

o

Bump

o

Bump

o

Bump!

o

Bump again

o

I got lilies popping thru. I can't believe it spring will be here soon!

o

I have crocus blooming! The sun felt good today! :)

o

Got my first cosmos sprout today. Strawflower and quinoa over the weekend. Let the flood of green begin!

o

bump

o

bump

o

Yay, only 3 more days. Now if the weather would only turn, too.

o

Bump

o

If anyone sees spring tomorrow ....send her my way !!! I have over a foot of snow on the ground today and Spring will not be here tomorrow in my mind :(

o

Happy Spring, everybody!!! Thanks for all your comments and bumps. Look, the banner worked and is right on time. Happy sowing to one and all!

Lilykit, it's warm enough here that the carpenter bees have arrived. I'll trade you some snow for some voracious bees!

This post was edited by river_crossroads on Wed, Mar 20, 13 at 8:52

o

• Posted by edie_h 5bNY (Finger Lakes) (My Page) on
    Wed, Mar 20, 13 at 21:11

Happy Spring! The snow is still flying here, but I know it's warm for some of you. Once it thaws we'll start our fifth season. Mud, which falls between Winter and Spring.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here