Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print

Hi all,

Gardenunusual's post reminded me - I had been wondering the same thing. I e-mailed Manda through gw &just got a nice reply!

Posted by gardenunusual 5a (My Page) on

Fri, Mar 4, 11 at 11:48

Anyone hear if Manda is okay? Wishing her well.

+++++

I was concerned about her health because she had been sick & feeling terrible about the time Dallas had all that snow & the superbowl was on. She says she did get better but her computer crashed & she will have to get a new one. She can answer e-mails on her phone if anyone wants to e-mail her. She is probably one of those people who type 60 wpm with 1 hand on that tiny little cellphone keypad. She misses us!

Here's a link that might be useful: Manda's member page to e-mail her

Comments (6)

• countrycarolyn
    13 years ago

That one virus is a booger. I know my father has got hit with it at least 4 times. I formatted his pc one friday he called me on a tuesday following and said he did it again. Oh me!!

That virus whatever the name of it is actually looks like an antivirus, it pops up on your screen and says that your computer is infected. If you just hit the red x it will go away then close your browser and clean out your temp files and cookies. If you open your browser and it comes back hit the red x again and reboot.

If she had hardware issues I understand that also cause I replaced a mainboard in a laptop over here and I be dern if the onboard video didn't go out on the new mainboard, grr. I couldn't even hook it up to a regular monitor, I may replace the main board again I am still in debates on that one though.

I am glad manda is doing well and ok!! Send her my wishes and I hope to hear from her soon!!

• gardenunusual
    13 years ago

I'm so glad! Relieved, actually!

Is she still sowin'?

• rosemctier
    13 years ago

my daughter's computer just got nailed by that virus. the tech who help us get rid of it said that instead of clicking the x to get out, one should click alt + F4, which will prevent it from getting access to anything. handy to know even after the fact since that virus keep popping up everywhere!

• morz8 - Washington Coast
    13 years ago

Rose, I hope your tech said never click on red X, not just casually instead of - Another way to do it is to 'end the task'. Press control-alt-delete to bring up the Task Manager. Click Applications, find the name you see in the title bar of the pop-up, click on that to highlight, click the End Task button on the bottom.

I visit the computer help forum almost daily just to lurk a minute as I'm running through the forum topics where I participate - a lot of it doesn't apply to my system or habits but I've saved myself lots of headaches (and probably tech fees) just being forewarned. The few times I've had an issue I've found very helpful savvy people there.

I'm sorry about Manda's computer but I'm glad she's OK!

• ladyrose65
    13 years ago

Good to hear about, Manda!

• countrycarolyn
    13 years ago

I believe there is two versions of that virus floating around. One you can hit the red x, and I haven't encountered a machine prior to the infection on the second. One actually looks like it is windows, the other one like I said I have only encountered after the infection, it actually changes your desktop and both take over any administrative properties, including task management even your startup and registry properties.

Format and reload is the only way I have found to remove both.

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES