Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
v1rt

about to start my wtrsowing

v1rt
13 years ago

Haven't started any single seed yet :( been so busy at work. Hopefully, some seeds will still sprout. I'm not worried about laura bush, cleome and calendula. I'll just try then. I don't recall the seeds I received last year. I'll look at them tomorrow. :)

Comments (17)

• v1rt
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I forgot to say Hi to everyone! :)

• kqcrna
    13 years ago

Good to see you, Neil.

I doubt that you need to sow Laura, she readers like crazy!

Karen

• gardenweed_z6a
    13 years ago

Hi Neil! We've missed you! Lots of newbies on the forum this winter. Grab yourself some growers mix and a milk jug or two and join the fun--there's still plenty of cold left.

• hostarookie
    13 years ago

Hi there Neil... nice to see you around again!!

• tiffy_z5_6_can
    13 years ago

Hi Neil! I just popped in after being away from the forums for a bit, but still lurking. Haven't done any sowing this winter since we are selling our home. You can check out the 'Conversation' side of this forum for details. Hopefully I'll be able to join you in some winter/spring sowing adventures soon! Nice to hear from you! Nicole.

• bakemom_gw
    13 years ago

need seeds? email me.

• christie_sw_mo
    13 years ago

You won't be alone in your winter sowing. I still have some to sow too, although I did start a bunch in February. A late start is better than not starting at all. They'll catch up. I doubt you could tell much difference by the end of summer.

• just1morehosta
    13 years ago

Hi Neil,
    So good to see you back, we were asking about you a few weeks back,last you posted, you were not feeling well.
    You still have plenty of time to get your hands dirty,so grab some pots,soil,seeds,and dig in.
    Busy at work, lucky you to have a job,eh.
    Welcome home. :0)
    cAROL

• morz8 - Washington Coast
    13 years ago

Neil, the stuff that needs a long chill is done but I've got a little stash I want to get sown and out still too...life gets in the way sometimes :) I'll bet you'll get enough done your yard is quite pretty again this year!

• ladyrose65
    13 years ago

Hello Neil, I'm a newbie. If you need Poppy or Datura seeds, e-mail me.

• PVick
    13 years ago

Hey Neil! Glad to have you join me in the "LateSowers Club"! I sowed my second container last night .....

Still lots of time left!

How's the pergola doing? Did you decide what you'll plant on it?

PV

• gardenweed_z6a
    13 years ago

Thanks for reminding me about the pergola pvick! Bluestone Perennials has a climber in their catalog that I told my daughter about - Schizophragma/false hydrangea vine. Her pergola is above her deck which is high to begin with. This one climbs to 30 ft. but won't destroy the pergola. Here's what it says in their catalog:

A reliable climber, but not aggressive. Serrated heart-shaped leaves with a pewter blue tone. Large clusters of white flowers emerge in mid summer - up to 9" across. Clings with aerial rootlets - will not harm masonry or walls. Can take a couple of years to flower, but worth the wait.

I don't have anything for one of these to climb but if I did, this is one I'd give garden space to.

• v1rt
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks everyone! I miss everyone too! You were all in my heart! :)

pvick, honestly, I have not done any planning like what I have been doing before. Work is crazy.

About the seeds, thanks for all the offers. I received tons last year. That will be enough for now. :)

I'll do some planning tonight. I will keep you posted.

Thanks everyone!!!

• karendee
    13 years ago

I understand about being busy. I keep getting sick too...darn winter.

I am going to do a marathon sowing tomorrow since I have the day off. I sure hope I get them done :)
    I have about 35 now and that is nothing compared to normal.

I too have been MIA except for the last week or so. I just have not had time and I hate it cause WS is so much fun!

Karen

• caryltoo Z7/SE PA
    13 years ago

Welcome back. I'm behind, too. The only things out are tomatoes, lettuce and some wildflower mix. Hoping to get a bunch more done today, then hit the recycling bins on my drive home to look for more jugs.

Caryl

• floodthelast
    13 years ago

I still have plenty to put out there as well. Nice to see you Neil. Hope work slows down a bit, my husband is super busy right now too and I miss him. : )

• v1rt
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks everyone for all the kind words! :)

Finally, I completed my winter sowing today. Hopefully, I'll still get some germination.

I've also experimented on indoor sowing. 95% of the seeds are annual plants.

When I get a chance, I'll start planning on where I should plant them.

I also need to find inexpensive large planters that will be placed by the pergola posts/support. It will be for the vines. I'm also thinking of putting hanging plants. These are my plans for now. :)

Can't wait to see your plants everyone! :D

Sponsored