Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hostarookie

Cute little sprouts!

hostarookie
13 years ago

I'm excited to say that I spotted my first sprouts yesterday. I must have over looked some as they're larger so they've been growing for a little while.

Lunaria annua - Variegata alba

Heuchera - Autumn Bridge

Heuchera - Firefly

Hesperis matronalis - Variegata

Em

Comments (15)

• gardenunusual
    13 years ago

Congratulations little sprouts!! May you be big robust plants!

• tempusflits
    13 years ago

Yes! Clapping and dancing here.

• ldsluder
    13 years ago

Wonderful - I saw your post the other day with your container count, but no sprouts!!! Happy to see you have sprouts!! Happy Sprout Dance!!!!!

• sjc48
    13 years ago

Congratulations on your sprouts! Doing the Dance with you!
    Shirley!

• ladyrose65
    13 years ago

Congratulations! Em, so happy for you! I'm doing the moon walk for you!

• tepelus
    13 years ago

Woohoo!

Karen

• ymaddox
    13 years ago

i tell ya if anyone deserves a prosperous winter sowing season it is em...she has a huge heart. thank you em for the trades. i got broccoli and cauliflower sprouts and i believe lavender and one other flower. did you get the white feather hosta seed? i ordered one so if the seeds do not do well i will certainly send you a start when i get mine and get it started. we ended up with quite a few hostas huh? hope everything you have sprouts till it cant no more i have had a good time swapping hosta seed and if we get as many seed as we have sown...look out lol...if i get any extra's i will certainly send you some more!
    yvonne

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    13 years ago

Hostarookie,

I think that I sent you those seeds and your heuchera is autumn bride not autumn bridge...I have a pinched nerve in my elbow and writing is messy at times :)

doing the happy dance for you!

Lisa

• kqcrna
    13 years ago

Congratulations. I saw my first heuchera sprout yesterday too.

Karen

• hostarookie
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you everyone! I'm very excited!!

LOL... thanks for pointing out my typo Lisa!! I knew the name but a lot of the time I'm in a hurry to post if I'm at work or I've been using my cell phone when I'm home, which isn't the easiest. I have the name right on my spreadsheet though! :-) My records show that 3 of them came from others and 1 I don't have listed... could have been you!

It's been raining here so I haven't been out to check my containers since Sunday. Today is supposed to be nice so I'll be doing that when I get home from work!

Exciting Karen... congrats!!!

Yvonne, I emailed you a little bit ago.

• just1morehosta
    13 years ago

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaa,no sprouts for me yet, I think I need to move my containers to some sun.
    Hey Yvoone,
    Hosta White Feather is not a very hardy hosta,I hope you did not pay a lot for it.But keep an eye on it,hopefully, you will get some seed.Good luck, wish you would have asked first if it was a good one,:0(
    cAROL

• hostarookie
    Original Author
    13 years ago

cAROL, I've moved my containers twice and some 3 times before getting the right location and enough sun. I'm getting ready to go check them now.

• tempusflits
    13 years ago

You go, hostarookie.

• hostarookie
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I just found Agastache Golden Jubilee sprouts!!!

• ladyrose65
    13 years ago

Congratulations! On your sprouts. Everybody is sprouting! Woo Hoo!

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner