Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
melvalena

It really is the first day of spring!

melvalena
12 years ago

I just saw my first hummer of the season! A black chin feeding on the coral honeysuckle just outside my kitchen window.

We had wave after wave of strong storms through here since last night. Its just stopped and starting to clear off.

I get so excited when I see my first hummer, my heart and soul just sing and dance around and I have to tell everyone about it!

I put the first 2 feeders out last week and added the third one on Sunday.

Ok.. Ok..ok

I need to settle down and get back to work on some seedlings that need potting up so I can sow some annuals.

Comments (5)

• terrene
    12 years ago

Congrats on your first hummer! :)

• ladyrose65
    12 years ago

Congratulations! The Forsythia is blooming!

• docmom_gw
    12 years ago

I'm so excited for you. Our first day of spring is just crazy. Last week we broke all time temperature records for this month by 10 degrees or more when we were in the mid 70s. Today my car thermometer read 87! This is just incredible. More often than not, we have snow routinely this time of year. Our Forsythia is blooming at least a month ahead of schedule. We're certainly enjoying it for now. I just hope the fruit trees and other vital agricultural products aren't ruined if we return to our typical temps. Our normal last frost date is June 1. Happy spring!

Martha

• posieh
    12 years ago

Glad you have your hummers. Ours don't usually show until at least in May. But we don't have 79 degree temps in March either. Our snow is gone but the lakes aren't open yet. My maple trees are in bud.....this is just weird weather or guess they are calling it unusual! I'm worried that everthing is trying to grow but we can get a had freeze most anytime.

• susieq68
    12 years ago

Magnolia trees are blooming in my area. Absolutely crazy!!Also about a month or so ahead of schedule.

Sponsored
VA's Foremost Professional Roofing & Siding Craftsmen