Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
terrene_gw

Seed Offer for WSers and counters

terrene
11 years ago

Hi guys, I usually do a SASBE offer on the Seed Exchange forum every winter since starting winter-sowing in 2008. Being something of a seed addict (and I'm sure there aren't any of those on this forum, haha), there are always extra seeds to share. This winter I have extra seeds, but limited time and I will be traveling the week after next, so I decided to post this offer on the WS forum for winter-sowers and containers counters!

Please post to this thread, and then send me an email. After the first 10 responses, the offer will be closed, but it could be opened again when I get back from trip, if there are more seeds and time later.

Below is a link to my exchange page which has SASBE/BEAP instructions. Happy sowing everybody!

Here is a link that might be useful: Terrene's exchange page

Comments (25)

• chrisb40
    11 years ago

Thanks for your generosity! I would like milkweed seeds and any other goodies available - I will email you.

• TNflowerlover Zone 7a
    11 years ago

Thx! I will be sending you a request. :)

• kbryant252
    11 years ago

I will be sending an email and thank you very much for sharing your seeds!

• lizbest1
    11 years ago

After reading your post about declining Monarch numbers I would also like to help. I will go to your exchange page and follow your instructions, would love to have a variety of milkweeds to participate in the effort!

• jensyen ( z7 MD )
    11 years ago

I would love to take you up on your offer for milkweed seeds. I'll send you an email with my picks.
    Thanks, Jen

• terrene
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hey guys I have a lot of seeds besides milkweeds, so take a look over! Can't guarantee everything will be available because there are some seeds that have only small amounts left, but this offer is certainly not limited to milkweeds. :)

• TNflowerlover Zone 7a
    11 years ago

Thx! I sent an email requesting your address. My daughter and I love flowers. :):)

• terrene
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi guys, have replied to all emails so far. For those who have not done so, please send an email with a list of the seeds you are interested in when you have decided what you want, and make sure your email address is displayed in the email. I try to update the exchange list if something is "OUT".

This offer is still open to 5 more winter-sowers and container counters!!

Cheers, Terrene

• kbryant252
    11 years ago

Hi Terrene,
    I sent an email but have not heard back. Just to confirm, my email is kbryant252 at yahoo dot com. Many thanks!

• TNflowerlover Zone 7a
    11 years ago

I didn't get one. :( I did check my junk mail. Did you get mine? I will send again. Thx! :)

This post was edited by carolinaflowerlover on Mon, Mar 18, 13 at 11:17

• terrene
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Kelly, sent you an email directly to your email address. Carolina you should be all set.

Gotta go do the container count now. :)

• mori1
    11 years ago

Hi Terrene,

Sent you an email.

This post was edited by mori1 on Mon, Mar 18, 13 at 17:18

• Edie
    11 years ago

Hi Terrene! I'd love some of your seeds if the offer is still open.

• jensyen ( z7 MD )
    11 years ago

I received your email but did not get your mailing address. Sorry to bug you about it. I know you are very busy with the container count. I always enjoy the competition. Hoping zone 7 will win this year.

• terrene
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Got 2 more emails this morning, so this offer is still open to ONE more participant. I might have more seeds later after I get back from visiting elderly parents next week.

Jensyen will get you the address later today, this is just a quick email cuz I gotta run now.

Happy Spring everybody!

(Ha, that is a joke, it's WINTER outside where I live, half foot of new snow yesterday and freezing!)

• pghgardengirl
    11 years ago

I would LOVE to have some seeds...I emailed you about milkweed earlier today, also!

This post was edited by pghgardengirl on Wed, Mar 20, 13 at 18:54

• terrene
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Have gotten at least 10 inquiries. This offer is now CLOSED.

• kbryant252
    11 years ago

A big thank you to Sue, aka Terrene, for her generosity in sharing these fabulous seeds! Winter sowers are the best!

• terrene
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks Kelly, I ended up getting 7 SASBEs, and ladyrose recently email that she was interested in some seeds. I can do 5 more people now if anybody else is interested in seeds, please post here and send me an email.

In particular there are still plenty of seeds of the following milkweeds, and it's probably not too late to have some sprout, especially the tropical which grows well as an annual in most zones -

Tropical milkweed - Asclepias curassavica
    Swamp milkweed - Asclepias incarnata
    Common milkweed - Asclepias syriaca

Also plenty of annuals for butterflies and hummingbirds.

• pghgardengirl
    11 years ago

I just sent you an email. Very nice of you to offer!

• caryltoo Z7/SE PA
    11 years ago

Hi Terrene, sending you an email.

Caryl

• TNflowerlover Zone 7a
    11 years ago

Thx, again, for the seeds! The salvia coccinea I got from you...is it a shorter 2 ft, or is a it taller version? Also, did it play nicely with other plants, or did it crowd them out? I am working on a plan on where to place each thing. Thanks! I am excited about them and the other seeds. :):)

This post was edited by carolinaflowerlover on Wed, Apr 10, 13 at 11:46

• terrene
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Carolina, the Salvia coccinea is on the shorter side, about 2-2.5 feet here. However, I grow mine in a zone that has fairly short summers, and usually in partial sun, because I don't have much full sun. So it's likely they will get a little bigger and more floriferous when started earlier in the season, and grown in full sun.

I think they make a very good companion for interplanting amongst other perennials or annuals, not aggressive and the spires of tubular flowers intermix well with other flowers.

Pgh and Caryl, I got your emails and replied but haven't heard back yet. Let me know if you still want seeds.

• TNflowerlover Zone 7a
    11 years ago

Sounds perfect....thanks! :):):):)

• caryltoo Z7/SE PA
    11 years ago

Terrene, I never got the email, even checked spam.

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting