Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
moonwolf_gw

Garden (and Life) Updates

moonwolf_gw
10 years ago

Hi everyone,

My perennials are all planted, and now just waiting until it's a tad warmer to start sowing the annuals. I'm in the mood to plant, but the weather is very cold today. I only have one single Lupine sprout to report, but the warmer weather headed our way, may start The Green Wave, I hope. Rain forecasted for my area on Friday and Saturday, so I hope the seeds will get a nice drink.

Tomorrow is my 24th birthday. Celebrating by watching Frozen (I have not seen it yet), and eating some Dairy Queen ice cream cake. If there's a break in the rain on Saturday, I'm taking my pruning shears to start cutting back the dead flowers at the theatre. I get gardening responsibilites this year, since I asked that I can donate my WS seedlings to them (not all, since I do have other people that want some).

Suggestions on what annuals I can start planting soon are more than welcome. I have Datura, Mexican Sunflower, Sweet Annie, Zinnias, Four O'Clocks, Nicotianas, Amaranthus/Love Lies Bleeding, Scarlet Runner Beans (a first time try for these), Larkspur, Alyssum, Ageratum, Cypress Vine (labeled Hummingbird Vine annual), Salvia, Calendula, Globe Amaranth, and Peony Poppy. I may pick up a couple packs of Sweet Peas, too. I know those like cooler weather and the varieties I saw at Wal-Mart, fortunately, tolerate heat.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Comments (4)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH