Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
karendee_gw

thank you to who ever told me creeping thyme WS well

karendee
14 years ago

Now I have a lot of tiny creeping thyme sprouts. I am so very happy. CT is one of my favorites. I asked about it here last season but never sowed. I bought seeds from cheap seeds (2 packs for about $3 each) they had tons of seeds and I think I sowed at least a dozen containers.

I plan to edge flowerbeds and put it between stones. I am so very exctied this seed sprouted for me I just had to share!!

I will post pics when it stops raining. I can't get over how well they germinated. One container is so full I can tell I over sowed.

WS'ing makes me so very happy!!!

Karen

Comments (16)

• lisa33
    14 years ago

Ooh...so glad to hear that! Now I wish I had sown more. When did you sow yours?

Thanks for posting,

Lisa

• adamark
    14 years ago

Karen, where did you get your seeds from. I love creeping thyme as well. Just received a package from Park, tomorrow straingt to the containers, hope it's not too late.

• karendee
    Original Author
    14 years ago
  • token28001
    14 years ago

That's the same one I bought. Thousands of seeds in that pack. And if anyone got some in the swap or trade with me, those are the same ones. I haven't found mine yet, so I don't know if they've germinated. Going to be doing another check today for germinated containers.

• karendee
    Original Author
    14 years ago

They do give a lot of seeds at cheapseeds.com
    I just love that store. Great deal for lots of flowers I really like.

Karen

• mnwsgal
    14 years ago

I ws a small amount of creeping thyme a few years ago and have not had to again as it spreads rapidly and self seeds so I've always had plenty to move to new spots and share with others.

Some varieties of creeping thyme do not spread as much or make as much seed. I have some very low growing ones that are almost flat to the soil.

• dorisl
    14 years ago

9,250 Creeping Thyme Seeds

Dang, that is ALOT of seeds! I shall go sow some of the ones that I got from Tom! Its PINK!

:)

• lynnencfan
    14 years ago

I got my creeping thyme from CheapSeeds also and have had excellent germination - I did 2 milkjugs and didn't even put a dent in the package - I am going to do more jugs tonight - one can never have too much thyme :) lol ......

Lynne

• token28001
    14 years ago

I direct sowed a lot of mine. Haven't noticed any sprouts yet, but I sowed a lot of stuff last week before the rains. I do have poppies up. That was quick.

• karendee
    Original Author
    14 years ago

wow, poppies already? that is quick. Our ground here is ust soaked. Anything I direct sow would have plenty of water :)

I guess I should direct sow some things for fun.

I just love thyme and it is so expensive pre-grown the last 6 pack I bought of plants was $10. It was one of those large ones but still too much $$.
    I think I saved a bundle just on CT seeds instead of plants. I plan to add a patio with CT in the cracks. We already have it between stepping stones but it is wolly thyme. I think the cheapseeds is mother of thyme since the flowers are pink.

Karen

• prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    13 years ago

Any photos of your thyme, Karen? :-)

• ymaddox
    13 years ago

i have been trying to get this stuff going for a path with creek rock i made want it in between the rock and around. so thanks so much for this info. i will try this method :)

• Mary4b
    9 years ago

Just wondering if anyone has a follow-up on their thyme...it april 7 and I'd love to get some seed going to plant this year. Do you think I should just direct sow it at this point? Not sure how much cold it might need. Anyone have pics of what they got from cheap-seeds? I thought I might buy there... Thanks! Mary

• missymoo23_(z9a_Tx)
    9 years ago

I've been sprouting allysum and larkspur from 2010/2011 cheapseeds.com and having really good success! I love that place!

• greenhearted Z5a IL
    9 years ago

Glad to know creeping thyme does well for WSing! Also looking forward to pics :)

Sponsored