Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardenunusual

Holy Sprouts Jumping Out of the Soil, Batman!

gardenunusual
13 years ago

Oh my word.

It was so nice today, did some errands. It hit 70 degrees about an hour from me. As I'm looking around at how no one has snow a little farther south, it got me thinking I must be on the cold end of zone 5.

I thought, why don't I look again.

And wouldn't you know it, the Strawberry Blonde Sunflower seeds I've sown on December 21 are sprouting. I just about wet myself I couldn't believe it.

Went on to check more containers, and the Dianthus Plumerius pinks have begun to sprout, as the Night Scented Stock. Meconopsis Bentoficiola is beginning to.

I can't believe it. Especially the sunflower. I thought I lost those.

Question for the seasoned pros --- Do I have to worry about some of my containers growing a white fuzz on the seeds, and soil? I discovered some on some morning glories, I took a seed and squished it in my fingers, I thought I saw a tiny green leaf in there. I was so careful not to overwater when I planted, but with all the snow and rain we've had I am getting worried. There is adequate drainage. My first thought is to open the containers a little bit to air them out? We are supposed to get rain tonight and tomorrow. Help please!

For all those who are wondering if your seeds will sprout, they will. Mine are beginning to :)

Here is a link that might be useful: First sproutlets

Comments (4)