Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amyelizcrawford

Major Newbie Success!!

Amy
12 years ago

You guys! I am so psyched!!

All of my 35 containers sprouted! Every. Single. One!!!!!

I'm especially excited because my delphiniums sprouted, which I know can be finicky - and I've been looking forward to those the most.

I am addicted. Lookout world, an avid wintersower has been born....

Comments (8)

• susieq68
    12 years ago

It is soooo exciting to see the babies sprout! While everything hasn't sprouted yet for me, I'm happy that I have babies. I'm taking pictures like a new mother would and sharing with everyone that will take a look. Might even get them started next winter...and even this spring. Good luck and enjoy!!

• bakemom_gw
    12 years ago

You go girl! If you want a newbie pack to sow some more, post on the thread. They're yours.

• kqcrna
    12 years ago

Welcome, Amy. Keep up the good work. Easy, isn't it?

Karen

• ladyrose65
    12 years ago

Congratulations Amy, welcome to the world of seed addiction. It is truly the way to go.

• northforker
    12 years ago

Congrats on your 35!!! I also am amazed every time I get a delphinium seedling - for some reason these seem very special. It's clear that you "have this down now" so just keep going! Go get your annual seeds and do up another 35!

(DISCLOSURE: THOSE OF US WHO ARE TRUE SEED ADDICTS WILL TRY TO GET YOU TO SOW IN CONTAINERS ALMOST YEAR ROUND)

• Jessica Hill
    12 years ago

I only tried 15 little ziplocs this year (planted them March 5) and I have all of them but one sprouting! The one that didn't was a batch of green beans my 5yo DD helped plant. They were apparently loved to death. She had been watering them all along so now they are moldy and rotten. :( I've secretly replaced them and have asked her to not water them to see if hopefully they will get better. I know it's not right to fib to her, but I didn't want to crush her helpful spirit since this is the first year we are really trying from seed.

I've got water/soda bottle "cloches" ready for when the little darlings are ready to be transplanted. Just in case this wacky spring weather tries to snow us in or something.

It's officialy - I'M HOOKED!
    ~jr

• snafam
    12 years ago

Add me to the 'hooked' group! As of two weeks ago, I had sown 49 containers, and all but 9 have sprouts! I am not giving up on those 9, and actually sowed a few more today!

And I had a bit of a bipolar gardening day...I started out sad when my pelargonium overwintering project didn't turn out so well. (I had tried the 'save them upside down in a box' thing, and none of them survived.)

Then, I found my 'Indian Shot Canna' experiment, from seeds in the newbie pack, have sprouted! I had actually forgotten them, and walked into the spare room to find them 3 inches tall already! Now, that was exciting!

I think my neighbors are starting to get used to me squealing in excitement when I find new cool stuff growing!

• ladyrose65
    12 years ago

Snafam that is so funny.

Sponsored
SURROUNDS Landscape Architecture + Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
DC Area's High-End Custom Landscape Design/Build Firm 9x Best of Houzz