Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone try WSing Phygelius (cape fuchsia) /Zauschneria ) zn 6

Posted by ponyexpress_1 6a (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 18, 13 at 18:41

Hi there. I was wondering if anyone in zone 6 has ever tried WSing Phygelius or Zauschneria? I really love the cape fuchsia. I know this is upper limits for me and may even just overwinter them inside. I also planted the Zauschneria and have it indoors right now and nothing is happening. Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone try WSing Phygelius (cape fuchsia) /Zauschneria ) zn 6

I wintersowed phygelius aequalis, yellow trumpet cape fuchsia, on Feb 15 but no germination yet. I'm in Zone 8.
They overwinter well for me, but I'm not sure about whether the seed will germinate at my winter temps.

o
RE: Anyone try WSing Phygelius (cape fuchsia) /Zauschneria ) zn 6

Barbe, I also have no sprouts yet outside. I did, however, plant some inside just in case because I really want them. I have seedlings indoors. They are small seedlings even with 2 sets of leaves. I'm going to attempt to transplant them into MG soil in bigger pots and see what happens. I hope I don't mess it up.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here