Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Moderater!

Posted by bcskye 5 Brn.Co., IN (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 2, 13 at 20:24

I went through the Search feature of this thread and every post I tried to open, I got the Pantene ad. The only way to get rid of the ad also cancels the post you are trying to open. Get rid of the Pantene. It is a major irritation that stops you from getting to what you're looking for!

Madonna

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Moderater!

I second this!!!

o

Third !!!! This has gotten really annoying.

o

Hi guys, have you used the "Contact Us" feature at the bottom of the page to report this problem too. There was a lot of spam on the Native plants forum a few weeks back, and I think there were several of us who reported it. It was actually gone in a pretty timely fashion!

o

The same happened to me the other day on the MidAtlantic forum.... I didn't contact GW at the time.. I'll have to try it again. Glad to know I'm not alone!

o

I had to attempt 3x's to login. The whole screen went Pantene! I guess this is going to be a pay site soon.

o

If you use Firefox with Adblock plus, it blocks those obnoxious ads.

Karen

o

I agree with all the others. This is happening on this forum waaaaay too much. So much in fact, that I am not on here as much because I know I will be bombarded with unwanted ads like this. Just throwing it out and hope the powers at be listen to us. ladyrose65, I will NEVER pay for a garden forum site!

o

I also quit looking and reading yesterday because of this pantene add. Get them off the site or at least fix it so they can't take over the forum

o

I use Firefox with Adblock + which works great to eliminate pop ups. It does sound annoying to hear about what people are seeing when they don't use a pop up blocker. I don't think people should have to jump through hoops to enjoy a reasonably normal browsing experience on a website! Hopefully it's a glitch and GW will get it fixed.

o

This was happening to me on this site a few weeks ago, but it was another ad and I had to sit through the whole thing because there was no way to get rid of it till the end. My son activated an adblocker for me (I use firefox) and the problem went away.

o

I added the web blocker. See how it works.

o

Add an ad blocker to your browser. All of them have one you can download to block the annoying ads on all sites, though one or two might slip through from time to time. Do a search for "ad blocker + browser name" and you should find one.

Karen

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here