Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beck_wi

oh @#$%.. wet seeds

beck_wi
13 years ago

I don't know if any of you remember my 700 seed packs I was sent last spring.... I traded a lot, sold some, gave them away to family and friends and had the number down to about 100 veggie and herbs which I was hanging on to until spring came to give away again.... I was storing the box in the garage-- up high on a shelf, thinking they'd be safe up there. Hubby didn't know what they were, and moved them to the floor, which ended up next to the snowblower..... consequently, the box ended up full of snow and ice. (insert stunned face, with imaginations of thousands of seeds screaming as they froze to death)

(followed quickly by the frustrated face, and a long sigh)

What do you think? ARe they toast?

I'm going to do a paper towel test on some of the herbs which seem to have suffered the worst.

Currently, I have them on the top of my stove while I run the self cleaning thing to use the heat to dry them, and I'm flipping them every ten minutes, but I'm just not sure if I'm wasting my time or not.

After they are all dry, I plan to post them on CL, because these were the extras I didn't need, but I'm still really frustrated that they got wet and maybe ruined.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio