Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
norabelle_gw

Sweet William Pruning Help

norabelle
14 years ago

Hi, All,

I have WS Sweet William that is three years old. I thought it was biennial. However, I have two patches that are 1'x 2' each that are bright green and healthy looking.

Should I prune back all of this lush foliage? I have been searching throughout GW for info on this, and I found one discussion here from '06 that vera_eastern posted. However, I would like some more guidance about how or what to prune on the Sweet William.

Of course, I'm a bit leery to do too much pruning, too, since I've been doing quite a bit of clean up with our unusually warm March weather, and we could easily have frosts and snow yet. I don't want to kill the SW by pruning too early.

FWIW, I found delphinium stalks coming up and Agastache putting out some growth as well as Irish Eyes Ruds and more. (Not to mention all the bulbs I planted last fall--I'm hoping for a fun spring show with the bulbs this year.)

I could post a picture tomorrow if it would help others to see what I am asking about regarding the foliage and pruning of SW.

Thanks for any help and guidance!

cheers,

Norabelle

Comments (4)

Sponsored