Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
countrycarolyn

Entire containers missing??

countrycarolyn
13 years ago

Ok I know all of you know I am not the most sane put together person there is, BUT please tell me has anyone ever had any containers just to come up missing??

And no this is not a joke!! Good thing for pictures cause I have proof I did sow that container!!

Comments (13)

• ladyrose65
    13 years ago

I swear i'm missing a Penstomen container? I promised to leave the containers alone for 3-days. Because, for one, it's going to snow here. I need to work on new beds.

• countrycarolyn
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Linaria vulgaris, an antriuum (ugggh the spelling) my gooseneck and white turtlehead. For sure are missing!! Oh and my rosa canina.

I have to check on my babies daily, but when I leave no one is here. This is totally crazy!!

I have replacements seeds for all except my gooseneck, but the kicker is that the rosa canina needs like 3 to 4 months cold. So do I dare sow it next year and hope no one takes that one or do I pop some in the fridge now?? Grrrrr!!

People are so mean!! Totally off topic but you know this main factory moving out of town can be a good thing, maybe it will take the trash of this town with it. Oops did I say that!! LOL

• bev2009
    13 years ago

So sorry Carolyn. Have you have a lot of wind lately? Could it be a neighborhood dog playing fetch? Just trying to think of some other reason than human theft.

Bev

• countrycarolyn
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Usually the wind knocks them around a bit but never just out of sight. I hope your right bev, cause that is cold. We are in the city limits so no one lets their dogs roam free around here.

Who knows, tomorrow I do not go in till 10, so I will take a better look around.

• aquawise
    13 years ago

I had some kids take my solar lights and rip them apart as they went up the street! tossing pieces parts into the yards as they went there destructive little way. GRrrrr. I feel your frustration. Hope no more come up missing. Hugs!!! Gayla

• ldsluder
    13 years ago

Unbelievable if they were taken, I actually was wondering if anybody ever had their containers taken after sprouts were in it? This just sucks = I wish I had sowed some of those, I'd send them your way!!!!! Good Luck!
    ~LIsa / nc

• hostarookie
    13 years ago

LoL... I don't mean to laugh Carolyn, I really don't... but really?!?! I can't believe someone would actually take containers!!

What is wrong with people these days?! I go crazy if someone steps in my flowers beds... I'd probably be in jail if I caught someone trying to steal a container!! LOL

• ljpother
    13 years ago

I lose seed packets. Unfortunately there is no one else to blame. Last year the bloody butchers went missing and this year the early girls. I'm sure there are more.

• noinwi
    13 years ago

If you live anywhere near woods, it could have been racoons. I used to keep one of those large popcorn tins in a small greenhouse filled with catfood(for feral cats). One evening I watched a couple of racoonies trying to push/roll it into the woods(later on a bear did just that and shredded my GH to boot). I'm sure they were just trying to get the lid off, but it looked like they were trying to take the tin home with them. Last year I found dishes in the woods that were left right outside the door after feeding a stray cat.

• countrycarolyn
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I do not know if I have any racoons near by, I am in the city limits and my neighbors tell me about the deer that eat his trees. Well in order for that to be kinda odd you would seriously have to know where I live. So nothing would shock me, totally!!

I am going to make a few phone calls, hopefully it was my nephew playing a joke, my sister of course would be the one to put him up to it. I can hear her now cackling in the background, saying oh she will never notice it, lol.

• dorothy4981
    13 years ago

Please do not call my home..... I really, really, really needed your jugs for my count!

Dorothy (Meadows)

• countrycarolyn
    Original Author
    13 years ago

LOL!!! Hilarious!!!

Well I haven't made the calls yet, I am just going to pop up over there in the next few days, and maybe play a little prank on her, lol. She has got to be behind it, she is a brat like that. lol

• karendee
    13 years ago

I think some of mine blew away. Or a neighbor threw them away? We have an HOA it is possible.

I have some small containers and I swear it does not look like all 75 are out there right now!

Karen

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County