red gaillardia
yvonne salvia
coneflower
sedum

thanks

Comments (8)

• duane456
    9 years ago

I wouldn't give on any of those, yet. They are all heat seeking plants. Probably not warm enough for their liking. I know my yvonnes salvia took well into May before showing any signs.

• Liz
    9 years ago

Can't comment on any of the others, but my Yvonne's Salvia came up during that warm spell we had a few weeks back. It was really hot there for a few days. Since then, it's been much cooler. I'm not sure your seeds were in the ground long enough to take advantage of that hot weather. Since my seeds were already up when the cold hit, I brought them in and stuck them under the plant light for a few days. I would hang in there. But if you want insurance, you could always start a second batch.

BTW, I'm in Monmouth County.
    Liz

• ellenr22 - NJ - Zone 6b/7a
    Original Author
    9 years ago

yes it hasn't been too warm here.
    Now tomorrow it's supposed to be in the '50's during the day!
    I'm impatient.
    But I planted out 3 batches of Zinnia, and they are doing well.

• terrene
    9 years ago

None of my heat lovers have sprouted yet. It hasn't been warm enough, at least not for a long enough time. That's okay, I don't like when the Spring is too warm, everything opens up too fast. I love Spring, want to savor it!

Out of all the seeds I sowed in April, which included annuals, herbs, tomatoes, and some veggies, only the 2 flats of mixed lettuces have sprouted.

• ladyrose65
    9 years ago

Ellen, keep you jugs until next year. I have a container full of Salivia's, that I WS'd last season. I also have Astilbe, Rudbeckia's and Lamb's ear from last season. I cut the tops off last summer and just left them, now I have sprouts.

Echinacea is slow to germinate so give it time it should sprout soon.

• caryltoo Z7/SE PA
    9 years ago

Ellen, my gaillardia has only one or two sprouts up. And there's no sign of my coneflowers so you're not alone.

Ladyrose, glad you mentioned Astilbe. I'm trying that for the first time and so far nothing, although when I checked two days ago it looked like there was one tiny speck of green. Do you know if the sprouts are very tiny at the beginning?

Caryl

• ladyrose65
    9 years ago

Caryl, yes the sprouts are very tiny. I am very surprised the made it out in the open all summer and winter without washing away.

• caryltoo Z7/SE PA
    9 years ago

Thanks, ladyrose. Will keep an eye on them. It might be best to keep them in pots over this summer and plant out next spring.

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville