Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Snow!

Posted by vera_eastern_wa 5a-5b (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 28, 14 at 9:48

Argh!! Woke up this a.m. to heavy wet snow...so far it's about 2"!!
It's been rainy and cold for the last week, but according to the weatherman starting tomorrow will will be warming up with some 70's in the forecast :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Snow!

! Is this rare for you this time of year?

sup'd to be in the 50's today, unusually cold for this time of year.
raining for next 3 days, including some severe. good for me, as I won't have to water.
timing is good, as everything I've put in so far, is well-enough established that they should be ok in strong rain.

Vera- here's wishing you Spring. :)

o

Thanks!

No...it's not too unusual for the Central Idaho mountains. It is just me not used to this crazy climate and altitude!! I came from Eastern WA. I need to change my username....it's been a while since I've tried. The last time I did it was not allowing me for whatever reason and haven't tried since :O

Should be getting nicer starting today....we'll see!
It must be cold everywhere huh?

Wishing you warmer weather as well :)

Vera

o

I really thought it was going to snow here too because it is so cold. Cold and wet.

No it is not unusual for it to snow. I remember in the early 90's in early May, I was planting my flowers and snow came down it lasted for about 20 minutes and it never stuck. So it is not unusual.

o

The only time I've ever seen snow this late was in Edmonton, Alberta one May.

But the rain we had yesterday was wild -- coming down with no letup for hours and flooding everywhere.

o

This is soooo crazy! Yesterday was 70-5F and today is to be warmer yet! LOL! Then I guess we are supposed to drop back down into the upper 50's again. Just plain nuts LOL!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here